Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

I wonder how the new labour government will tackle the BBC?

Corbyn wanted to give them independence from government influence.

A good start will be if you start to see people like Robbie Gibb and Tim Davie find other jobs.
Starmer stated the same, saying he wanted somebody truly independent of any party to run the BBC.

Front page today; Kneussenberg diagnosing Starmer as recovering from a case of impotence.

Inappropriate language for t'Beeb, or what? She is definitely not about to stop playing populist mind games.

A little further down;

With picture of populist right darling Braverman. Who is hardly in the race.

Front page today; Kneussenberg diagnosing Starmer as recovering from a case of impotence.

Inappropriate language for t'Beeb, or what? She is definitely not about to stop playing populist mind games.

A little further down;

Of all the loathsome people who keep appearing on my telly (it's a list as long as Joe Mercer Way and round the Etihad at least five times, by the way, she's way out front.

A little further down;

Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to note that as so often happens, they've toned the front page down to a more 'BBC' like standard. Same stories. Different presentation.

Instead of the wildly inappropriate

'After The Impotence Of Opposition, Starmer Takes The Reigns Of Power'

LK's story is now titled

'Inside Starmer's Preparations For Power'.

"Tories Mull Next Steps After Election Drubbing"

has become

"Who Could Replace Rishi Sunak As Party Leader?"

Here, they've removed the photo of a keen and conspiratorial looking Braverman talking to others, and replaced it with a tryptch of neat, professional looking pics of Badenoch, Braverman and Patel. Braverman still gets centre spot.

This happens so often. It's like the Guido Fawkes blog editor does the morning layout - then normal editors put it right later on.

I don't see the BBC as in the hands of Tories. I think Tories gave the top job to a person who would promote RW populism, and then applied other pressures to widen and entrench that power base. There's no question in my mind, those with the power base are not in the least bit interested in plugging a traditional Tory Party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.