Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

That statement sounds like a huge damage limitation statement.

I wonder if everyone that supported him this weekend said they do the same next and ruin their FA Cup coverage?

of course it is - the 3 now in the firing line and desperately trying to avoid having to take to the lifeboats

wonder why this didn't get reported over the weekend?

Probably because it was 7 years ago and people don't recall these things immediately.

Also Johnson isn't connected to the BBC so it's tangential to the main point of this row - BBC impartiality under this government.

Well your opinion is certainly in a minority it seems, despite perhaps not so on our left-leaning forum.

There's countless polls on the subject, but rather than risk your potential claim that the polls are biased, here's one from the Leicester Mercury, Leicester not being particularly renowned for its right wing bias and being his home town you'd imagine he'd get plenty of support. Other polls in e.g. the Daily Express are less forgiving still.

View attachment 71932

The other comment I would make is that I am surprised the BBC are behaving as if this is some kind of difficult decision. Just get him sacked and move on. I wonder how many people watch MOTM just to hear their overpaid host say "What do you think, Alan". I imagine the show would cope without him.
They live in an echo chamber.

of course it is - the 3 now in the firing line and desperately trying to avoid having to take to the lifeboats
An honourable man would resign. Davie is proving people's suspicions by not doing so.

He's presided over this shit show and should move on as well.

Probably because it was 7 years ago and people don't recall these things immediately.

Also Johnson isn't connected to the BBC so it's tangential to the main point of this row - BBC impartiality under this government.

no but he is - albeit loosely these days - connected with the UK govt - that govt that were putting pressure on their appointees at the BBC to get rid of Lineker and he didn't actually say Nazi,,,,nor Hitler for that matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.