Has the premier league burst its own bubble ?

You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through. If you complain , nothing happens. You might as well not bother. Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.

** Sorry, yours was a good rant, from the heart. It just reminded me of this part of the argument sketch.
Oh no it didn't....

this is probably the way it will go , im sure Citys owner will demand a place at the table because of the money involved but we could have problems if the 'owners' dont want two 'franchises ' in the same city / area
The Dublin Red Devils perhaps
Can easily imagine that happening

By cutting off investment into other clubs these will never be on par with the so-called 'big' clubs. This allows those clubs to hoover up all the latest talent, like the rags did at the birth of the PL. This leads to clubs like us hoovering up all the trophies and a relatively non competitive league. More investment from other clubs would lead to a more competitive PL and a more exciting product. Eventually viewers will turn off.

I think a cursory overview of American sport would suggest the ESL is an eventual inevitability in pursuit of swelling the coffers regardless of what fans think — especially if you’re paying any attention to the break up of US college football conferences. I just hope I’m dead when it happens and that such a day is a long way off.

It's laughable - an industry imploding upon itself. The Italian and Spanish leagues (let alone the Saudis and others), mustn't be believing their luck watching internal jealousies and vested protectionism destroying the product here, aided and abetted by the inept administrators of the PL.
Mindblowing.
Turning away and refusing investment in this day and age - what a brilliant idea. Total incompetence. Those involved should be dismissed and struck off for misconduct.

Allow investment, but for every pound spent on players, have a corresponding percentage that has to be paid back into the game - grassroots, to help the lower leagues or elsewhere.
Turning this away is completely irresponsible and unforgivable.
A further example, if any were needed, that this is all about united, liverpool (and their gimp - arsenal), only caring about themselves and not giving a fuck for the well-being of the game.

Last edited:
By cutting off investment into other clubs these will never be on par with the so-called 'big' clubs. This allows those clubs to hoover up all the latest talent, like the rags did at the birth of the PL. This leads to clubs like us hoovering up all the trophies and a relatively non competitive league. More investment from other clubs would lead to a more competitive PL and a more exciting product. Eventually viewers will turn off.

I dont disagree but these other clubs voted for this !.

The pl only want competition between the American red tops

I think a cursory overview of American sport would suggest the ESL is an eventual inevitability in pursuit of swelling the coffers regardless of what fans think — especially if you’re paying any attention to the break up of US college football conferences. I just hope I’m dead when it happens and that such a day is a long way off.

A cursory view of American sport I can the American owned clubs breaking away to form their own league, which only allows them in ! It will be called the English World Series ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.