Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

At the moment the manager seems down and mumbling in both press conferences and his body language at pitch side. Don't even get me started on tactics and choice of players.

The players seem void of all confidence especially in front of goal and in general defence and midfield areas, players giving 50% effort and others strolling around making up the numbers. Couple this with stupid and silly mistakes in defence and passing we are in a dreadful run of both results and playing every 3/4 days it pretty grim at the moment :(

I'd never back them scum bags to win but without a massive improvement all round ....well i'm not very happy with whats goijg on and our form going into this derby...

Heart says 3-1.......head says a draw :(

Despite our current "crisis" I'm still confident we will win this. Silva being out might just see Yaya being pushed forward which could be a blessing. Read my blog for a betting perspective here <a class="postlink" href="http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=407990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=407990</a>

its just goes to prove the power of the media, two weeks ago everyone was looking forward to this and feeling very comfortable. you look at it now and you would think we were relegation candidates.

Even i'm getting twitchy but when i look at it the reason is because since last weeks draw with Chelsea the pro Rag brigade have been in overdrive, Ok we have had a really poor week but the Rags have hardly set the world alight. A stuffy draw at West Brom and a last gasp equaliser in an undesereved draw with Chelsea. They have a piss poor away record this season and we always up our game against these scum rats.

The key for me is to keep control of the midfield, dont give the fuckers a sniff.

The big question for me is do we start with Dzeko, not many players can boast a record like his against them.

marco said:
kp789 said:
For the first time in a good while since we have overtaken them as the biggest team, I am nervous and very negative going into this derby. Especially after our last 3 games.

fully confident we will smash them, they have a shocking defence once we get the first they will be on the ropes
This!!!!

abu13 said:
The big question for me is do we start with Dzeko, not many players can boast a record like his against them.

The answer is......yes we do.

Not only is he out of sorts he also intrudes on Aguero's game.

Bench,and maybe sub for Aguero if need be.

FantasyIreland said:
abu13 said:

You can't start him AND have him on the bench mate ;.)

Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:
abu13 said:

Oh ffs,head up my arse...... the answer is 'no we fucking dont' ;-))

Fuck me, let's hand over the points now shall we - Silva out, Yaya not up to it, team a mismatch and mishmash of half-hearted dilettantes. Christ, I remember (not THAT long ago) when our biggest selection problem was Terry Phelan or David Brightwell at left-back.

All this talk of resting Silva is utter horseshit. He played him because he thought he would have been central to us winning. And subsequently proceeding to the QF of a major pot. Can you imagine Tony Book being berated for playing Bell in the 76 cup run as it hampered our league chances? No, we took it as part of the footballing God's dishing out what happens naturally - folk get injured. You cannot ever legislate for it. If you do, if you start hedging your bets, you'll come unstuck. Big time. I've said it before, but will repeat: We have a squad of fantastic depth. Play the strongest team. Always. Start big, finish big. And if we pick up a couple of knocks, so be it. We played an almost full team throughout all cups last year - West Ham 2nd leg included. It served us well.

Silva is a blow. But I look at Vinny, Serge, Yaya and Joe and know our spine is as strong as any team in the world. So quit fucking whinging, quit moaning about could haves, would haves should haves and remember: this team has the ability to absolutely destroy those cunts on Sunday. If the stars align, if we play to our absolute best, those cunts will walk off remembering just which team are the current champions. It ain't them.

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Oh ffs,head up my arse...... the answer is 'no we fucking dont' ;-))

Same for me as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.