Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

karen7 said:
marco said:
pikku said:
Now that Silva is out, I suddenly find our team line up unpredictable apart from the back four and Hart, hopefully this will work in our favour on Sunday.

Hart
Kompany. MDM
Zabba. Mangala

Dinho. Fernando
Milner.
Yaya.
Jovetic

Aguero

will he have the balls though,the fact Silva is not playing does restrict his choice a little

Why would he suddenly play mangala out of position when we have Aleks and clichy?

those two have been crap and Mangala is quite capable of playing in a left back posistion

Hart

Zab Kompany Demichelles Kolarov

Navas Yaya Toure Fernandinho Milner

Aguero Dzeko

marco said:
karen7 said:
marco said:
Hart
Kompany. MDM
Zabba. Mangala

Dinho. Fernando
Milner.
Yaya.
Jovetic

Aguero

will he have the balls though,the fact Silva is not playing does restrict his choice a little

Why would he suddenly play mangala out of position when we have Aleks and clichy?

those two have been crap and Mangala is quite capable of playing in a left back posistion

I believe this was mentioned in an earlier thread that he had played LB at Porto. I'm warming to the idea. It might limit our attacking prowess on that side but will certainly strengthen the back 4 considerably. We have enough firepower up front that we could possibly do this.

mosssideblue said:
marco said:
karen7 said:

I believe this was mentioned in an earlier thread that he had played LB at Porto. I'm warming to the idea. It might limit our attacking prowess on that side but will certainly strengthen the back 4 considerably. We have enough firepower up front that we could possibly do this.

if we play with a five midfield then mangala wont have to push up out of that position, it would work well with MDM holding the line but it would only work with the five in the middle

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandihno
Yaya
Nasri
Milner
Aguero

If manuel picks navas or goes 4-4-2 again we'll get beat!! Forget last season, di maria will drive the rags on and if shrek plays well they'll cause problems. Milner required on the right to combat di maria and also works brilliantly with zabba. No better game to get our form back but in equal measure lose this due to bad tactics or team selection then manuel for me is in trouble

Richards team above,with the exception of maybe Jovetic for Nasri,is definitely how we should go.

Slightly lacking in creativity......but it has power,mobility and hunger.

FantasyIreland said:
Richards team above,with the exception of maybe Jovetic for Nasri,is definitely how we should go.

Slightly lacking in creativity......but it has power,mobility and hunger.

Thought for a while about jovetic and nasri but feel yaya plays better with nasri and ball retention could be vital! Being jovetic on when we're 5 up! ;-)

marco said:
pikku said:
Now that Silva is out, I suddenly find our team line up unpredictable apart from the back four and Hart, hopefully this will work in our favour on Sunday.

Hart
Kompany. MDM
Zabba. Mangala

Dinho. Fernando
Milner.
Yaya.
Jovetic

Aguero

May be kolarov instead of Mangala as I haven't seen him play at LB, other than that looks a good team.

mosssideblue said:
Hung said:
supercity88 said:
Based on your idiotic assessment no one would do anything. Football is a physical game. Silva could have dropped a kettle on his foot and been injured. Everyday there is some risk of injury. Loads of players are injured in training. It was a game we wanted to win whether you see it as 4th in terms of importance or not. It was also a game where we could try and put a performance together and address previous poor results. Silva getting injured at any time is a loss. But you are completely blowing it out of proportion and showing no respect to a manager who brought us our best season in decades last time out. We can alter the system to create chances a different way. Yaya can create chances, so can Jovetic, and Nasri, and Milner and Navas. We have more than enough against the rags who aren't particularly good at defending. Calm it down child.

Oh dear - we are are getting your panties in a twist aren't we? Do you not think it is reasonable to question why our best player is turning out 4 days before one of our biggest games of the season in a competition which, whilst 'important', is 4th on the 'important' list? Why, for example did he not play Kompany and Zabaleta from the start on Wednesday? Resting them for Sunday maybe? I accept that players can get injured at any time, I accept that Pellegrini won two trophies last season and at this very early stage in his so far successful career at City, I certainly wouldn't advocate dismissal etc. However, playing Silva on Wednesday, who has been the stand out player again and again this year, rather than rest him for what will be a series of far more important games, is poor judgement and , for a fan, losing your best player 4 days ahead of the game against your hated rivals in this way, is frustrating.

I'll assume that you are on your bleed at the moment, hence your 'moron' and 'child' quips. Be careful not to burst into tears on Sunday if we're not creating many chances.

I've checked the OS and cannot see the priority list for us this year. Could this be "your important" list?

I think if you were given the opportunity to ask the manager, he would tell you that all comps are equally as important. I get your pissed with David getting injured, we all are, but to claim he shouldn't have been playing does not fit with the clubs ideals.

Call me old fashioned, but regardless of what the OS site says or not, the League is more important than the Capital One Cup, always was, always will be.

Hung said:
mosssideblue said:
Hung said:
Oh dear - we are are getting your panties in a twist aren't we? Do you not think it is reasonable to question why our best player is turning out 4 days before one of our biggest games of the season in a competition which, whilst 'important', is 4th on the 'important' list? Why, for example did he not play Kompany and Zabaleta from the start on Wednesday? Resting them for Sunday maybe? I accept that players can get injured at any time, I accept that Pellegrini won two trophies last season and at this very early stage in his so far successful career at City, I certainly wouldn't advocate dismissal etc. However, playing Silva on Wednesday, who has been the stand out player again and again this year, rather than rest him for what will be a series of far more important games, is poor judgement and , for a fan, losing your best player 4 days ahead of the game against your hated rivals in this way, is frustrating.

I'll assume that you are on your bleed at the moment, hence your 'moron' and 'child' quips. Be careful not to burst into tears on Sunday if we're not creating many chances.

I've checked the OS and cannot see the priority list for us this year. Could this be "your important" list?

I think if you were given the opportunity to ask the manager, he would tell you that all comps are equally as important. I get your pissed with David getting injured, we all are, but to claim he shouldn't have been playing does not fit with the clubs ideals.

Call me old fashioned, but regardless of what the OS site says or not, the League is more important than the Capital One Cup, always was, always will be.

whats happened has happened but like the other poster said he could have dropped a kettle on his toe, there is a risk element every day, as far as the priority over competitions on a personal point of view i would sooner have had 3 points on Sunday with Silva than 0 points and in the quarter final of the league cup, we have to move along now and as fans we should ensure the place is rocking on sunday that alone will give us the extra man, ''there shit lets do them'' if we play our part the team will do the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.