Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

johnnytapia said:
Fuck me, let's hand over the points now shall we - Silva out, Yaya not up to it, team a mismatch and mishmash of half-hearted dilettantes. Christ, I remember (not THAT long ago) when our biggest selection problem was Terry Phelan or David Brightwell at left-back.

All this talk of resting Silva is utter horseshit. He played him because he thought he would have been central to us winning. And subsequently proceeding to the QF of a major pot. Can you imagine Tony Book being berated for playing Bell in the 76 cup run as it hampered our league chances? No, we took it as part of the footballing God's dishing out what happens naturally - folk get injured. You cannot ever legislate for it. If you do, if you start hedging your bets, you'll come unstuck. Big time. I've said it before, but will repeat: We have a squad of fantastic depth. Play the strongest team. Always. Start big, finish big. And if we pick up a couple of knocks, so be it. We played an almost full team throughout all cups last year - West Ham 2nd leg included. It served us well.

Silva is a blow. But I look at Vinny, Serge, Yaya and Joe and know our spine is as strong as any team in the world. So quit fucking whinging, quit moaning about could haves, would haves should haves and remember: this team has the ability to absolutely destroy those cunts on Sunday. If the stars align, if we play to our absolute best, those cunts will walk off remembering just which team are the current champions. It ain't them.
Well said JT. Lets smash those cunts.

Let's stop picking holes. We've better,more experienced players than them. If we bring our 'A'game we win
Let's get right behind the team & fcuk those vile,despicable bsatards back out of Our City !!

Gonna be interesting to see what Pelle does about Di Maria, he has given Milner a good run in the team and his work rate could be key. The main problem being the difference in pace. I suspect because of this he may go with Navas instead.

Personally i think we need to keep to our normal game and let them worry about us.

Far worse City teams have beat far better rag teams.

Spanish Dave missed this fixture last season didn't he ?

Can any of the naysayers remind me of the score that day ?

Bring the scum on, it'll be like shooting goldfish in a bowl ;.)

What formation/team are they likely to put out?

Yaya 1st goal to shut the haters up

I can see a few goals in this game and wouldn't be surprised to see a high scoring draw.

Its obvious we have to shore up the midfield and add an extra body. I reckon Di Maria will start on the right hand side of united's midfield to exploit our weakness. In this case I would put Milner on our left hand side to give protection to Clichy/Kolarov. I would back Zabba to be solid on our other side against whoever faces him.

I would pick this side
Hart
Zabba Kompany Mangala Clichy
Fernando Fernandinho
Nasri Toure Milner
Aguero

If things not working out look to introduce Jovetic in a free role,just behind Aguero and bring on Navas to add a bit of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.