@BluePhil8 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy

Milner Yaya Fernando Nasri

Aguero Dzeko

That's the team he'll play imo.

Mangala and Clichy shielded by Nasri...

We may as well just give up now because I think even Championship sides could rip that flank to pieces.

I'd go with Demichellis and Kolarov all day long.

Me 2 mate but i know Pellegrini to well noe and he loves his 4-4-2 if he was to play Fernando and Fernandinho he'd have to drop either Nasri or Yaya and he won't. I agree I'd play Demichelis but I'd put Clichy in for pace and he doesn't seem to do badly in derbies. I'd love for pellers to go 4-5-1 tomorrow but he won't either way the team is still good enough to beat the rags easily.

Re: City v United pre match thread

This is the first derby for a very long time (probably going back to 1992) where I'm not remotely excited or even nervous about the game.

Frankly I think we will lose unfortunately. We've been a defensive shambles all season so far.

What matters more is how we lose, if we lose by the odd goal and the team put in a great effort, then that's OK with me, but if we put in yet another bad performance and lose badly by 2 or more goals, then I think a lot of supporters will start to question Pelligrini as well as some of the players.

Our whole season will be just like 12/13 all over again, pretty much over by early November, if we lose and Chelsea gain more distance over us this weekend.

My team would be:-

Hart

Zabba Kompany Martin Kolorov

Fernando Yaya

Navas Jovetic Milner

Aguero

Nether Clichy or Kolorov have looked great so far this season but Alex provides an attacking threat.
Wrong side for Jimmy I know but he can play anywhere. He can do some of Kolorov's defending and
push in field if Yaya goes on a run with Jovetic moving out left.
I don't think Nasri is ready to start and it has to be Martin and not Mangala due to his experience.

Can we please get a grip, blues.

They are eighth for a reason. They will start with Rooney and van Persie and Kompany and MDM usually own them. Di Maria is their main threat but I suspect Milner will play on that flank. We have been put under pressure by teams who press our back 4 hard and work hard when we are looking to build from the back. That isn't van persie's game and If Rooney does that he will get booked PDQ. Even without Merlin, our midfield is streets ahead of theirs, and their defence is a shambles.

Barring an early red card or one of those days where nothing goes right, we will beat them.

oscarG said:
This is my team to face the scum...

Hart
Zabba vinny demi clichy
Nasri fernandinho milner kolarov
Toure
Aguero

I like this - but maybe with fennando for nasri for the 1st half at least.

Eaglechief said:
This is the first derby for a very long time (probably going back to 1992) where I'm not remotely excited or even nervous about the game.

Frankly I think we will lose unfortunately. We've been a defensive shambles all season so far.

What matters more is how we lose, if we lose by the odd goal and the team put in a great effort, then that's OK with me, but if we put in yet another bad performance and lose badly by 2 or more goals, then I think a lot of supporters will start to question Pelligrini as well as some of the players.

Our whole season will be just like 12/13 all over again, pretty much over by early November, if we lose and Chelsea gain more distance over us this weekend.
That's the spirit!

Eaglechief said:

I hope you ain't going to the game.

Len Rum said:
Eaglechief said:

That's the spirit!

beat me to it........they're all over the shop as usual

Len Rum said:
Eaglechief said:

That's the spirit!

Yes but the poster has a point. Barring about 2-3 games we have been quite poor. Apart from Kun, Silva, Milner and Hart the rest of the squad have been nothing shy of below average for 3 months.
Whether that's down to a world cup hangover, player attitude, bad management or something else well we will never know. But far to many players are strolling through games, allowing basic errors and conceding poor goals since the inception of this season.

It all points to a mirror image at the moment of 2012/13, I really do hope we win tomorrow and get back so some sort of equilibrium and forget about this past week. But after the performances at Moscow, West Ham and against Newcastle's second team on Wednesday it's hard to confident at this moment in time.

Whatever else happens can we make sure that none of their names can be heard when the teams are read out just before kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.