Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

BLUEMATT23 said:
Len Rum said:
Eaglechief said:
This is the first derby for a very long time (probably going back to 1992) where I'm not remotely excited or even nervous about the game.

Frankly I think we will lose unfortunately. We've been a defensive shambles all season so far.

What matters more is how we lose, if we lose by the odd goal and the team put in a great effort, then that's OK with me, but if we put in yet another bad performance and lose badly by 2 or more goals, then I think a lot of supporters will start to question Pelligrini as well as some of the players.

Our whole season will be just like 12/13 all over again, pretty much over by early November, if we lose and Chelsea gain more distance over us this weekend.
That's the spirit!

Yes but the poster has a point. Barring about 2-3 games we have been quite poor. Apart from Kun, Silva, Milner and Hart the rest of the squad have been nothing shy of below average for 3 months.
Whether that's down to a world cup hangover, player attitude, bad management or something else well we will never know. But far to many players are strolling through games, allowing basic errors and conceding poor goals since the inception of this season.

It all points to a mirror image at the moment of 2012/13, I really do hope we win tomorrow and get back so some sort of equilibrium and forget about this past week. But after the performances at Moscow, West Ham and against Newcastle's second team on Wednesday it's hard to confident at this moment in time.

How about focussing on our positive results instead?

Eaglechief said:
This is the first derby for a very long time (probably going back to 1992) where I'm not remotely excited or even nervous about the game.

Frankly I think we will lose unfortunately. We've been a defensive shambles all season so far.

What matters more is how we lose, if we lose by the odd goal and the team put in a great effort, then that's OK with me, but if we put in yet another bad performance and lose badly by 2 or more goals, then I think a lot of supporters will start to question Pelligrini as well as some of the players.

Our whole season will be just like 12/13 all over again, pretty much over by early November, if we lose and Chelsea gain more distance over us this weekend.

You think it's acceptable to lose to a team that is at best 4th in the league when we are at home. If that's your attitude then we may as well give up on the title already. Get a grip FFS. I will be disappointed if we draw. Lose I'll be devastated.

Sorry to have been so pessimistic! I've usually been very optimistic and expect to us win every game, that's how far we've come over the last 3-4 seasons.

I was just being honest and stating my fears at the moment.

Hopefully when I go to the game tomorrow, my excitement will return, we'll play brilliantly, smash the scum and all this negativity will be forgotten.

Eaglechief said:
Sorry to have been so pessimistic! I've usually been very optimistic and expect to us win every game, that's how far we've come over the last 3-4 seasons.

Hopefully when I go to the game tomorrow, my excitement will return, we'll play brilliantly, smash the scum and all this negativity will be forgotten.

Never any need to say sorry,we all feel it differently,i feel sick already lol

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
--------------------------Hart--------------------------

Zaba-------Kompany----Mangala------Kolarov

----Fernando--Fernandinho--Demichelis------

----------------Yaya---------------Nasri-----------------

-----------------------Aguero--------------------------

And no, I don't trust Kolarov to do the job, nor do I trust Clichy.

Aguero, Nasri and Toure is enough to get at their defence along with both our full backs getting forward. Fernando, Fernandinho and Demi should also be enough to hold us together at the back. Only concern would be a lack of pace, which is a problem in our entire squad. Possibly Fernando for Navas depending on which way the game is going, with Navas filling in Yaya's position and Yaya moving back.
I never saw that mate
that would be some solid defence. Plus fullbacks coming up ie Zabaletta and Kol.

So a 5 2 2 1 basically ? I'd love it . He's never going to do that though . Unless he reads these threads . It's pretty solid . Demi looked imperious the other night . No one would get through that back 5 . Somebody get on the ringer and tell him lol .

Eaglechief said:

To be honest anything can happen at Derby games.

Being a City fan means we have to take the rough with the smooth. We are usually quite good at it too.

Hence the "We Never win at home and we never win away" song.

We've really struggled against teams who've had 2 or 3 pace merchants up front, Di Maria is quick but Rooney, van Persie, Mata and Fellaini are not. Also be surprised if United play with the same disciplined defending and pressing as Stoke and West Ham considering the makeup of their midfield and very young defence. Actually glad Rooney is back for this one, he's dropped way too deep in the last few derbies allowing us to dominate midfield without too much fear of counters.

If navas plays over milner and manuel plays 4-4-2 im not even watching! hopefully tixiki and khaldhoon have had a word. Seriously he needs to not be so stubborn and adapt tactics to how the team is currently playing! Last season at times was the ultimate football but that has been and gone and we are average this season so far. Worst case get a draw and a decent 90 minute performance.

Oh my days get a grip please, some of these posts are laugable you sound like the worlds going to end. We have had a bad week, have you seen Uniteds form
This season? Have you seen their defence? They have been battered by relegation fodder. We are the fuck*ng champions.

Our results this week have all been about complacency, we have turned up thinking we will piss it, that won't happen tomorrow we will be bang up for it. If United had lost against Chelea and we had won our last 3 games, then I would have been a little concerned about fluffing it against them, but now they have this false dawn and they all think they are going to win after out disaster week...we are gonna smash them in a repeat of last year

4-1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.