Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

Turtle head will have taken note about us struggling against teams who press, therefore we need to ensure are dominating the Midfield.

I would go with:

---------------------------------------------------Hart---------------------------------------------------

Zabba------------------Kompany----------------------MDM-------------------------Kolarov

--------------------------Fernando----------------------Fernandinho---------------------------

------------Milner----------------------------Yaya----------------------------------Nasri-----------

------------------------------------------------Aguero--------------------------------------------------

I think MDM should get the nod over Mangala for this one, and i would seriously give Yaya 30 minutes to show he is up for this. any sign of him not putting in a shift and he has to be dragged off.

citytill1die84 said:
Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy

Milner Yaya Fernando Nasri

Aguero Dzeko

That's the team he'll play imo.

Mangala and Clichy shielded by Nasri...

We may as well just give up now because I think even Championship sides could rip that flank to pieces.

I'd go with Demichellis and Kolarov all day long.

Brendan110_0 said:
TFC said:
Fuck this negativity lark that I've been reading the last few days.

We will get our shit together starting tomorrow, fucking smash the vermin, beat CSKA comfortably and kick on from there. We will catch Chelsea.

That's the spirit!

Spot on...lets hammer the red scum

@BluePhil8 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy

Milner Yaya Fernando Nasri

Aguero Dzeko

That's the team he'll play imo.

Mangala and Clichy shielded by Nasri...

We may as well just give up now because I think even Championship sides could rip that flank to pieces.

I'd go with Demichellis and Kolarov all day long.

If that team comes up on my phone on the way to the game I may well do a u-turn and fuck off home!

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if it was the line-up but fuck me I'd be worried.

--------------------------Hart--------------------------

Zaba-------Kompany----Mangala------Kolarov

----Fernando--Fernandinho--Demichelis------

----------------Yaya---------------Nasri-----------------

-----------------------Aguero--------------------------

And no, I don't trust Kolarov to do the job, nor do I trust Clichy.

Aguero, Nasri and Toure is enough to get at their defence along with both our full backs getting forward. Fernando, Fernandinho and Demi should also be enough to hold us together at the back. Only concern would be a lack of pace, which is a problem in our entire squad. Possibly Fernando for Navas depending on which way the game is going, with Navas filling in Yaya's position and Yaya moving back.

Positivity lads and lasses, positivity. I won't be there tomorrow but I will be singing (shouting) this at the radio:

We fight to the end, we fight to the end, we're Man City we fight to the end!!!!

and:

We are the lads who are playing to win
City - the Boys in Blue will never give in
Football is the game that we all live for
Sunday is the day we play the game
Everybody has to pull together
And together we will stand
Even if we're playing down at the Etihad
Or if we play a million miles away
There will always be our loyal fans behind us
To cheer us on our way
City - Manchester City

Blue and white we play together
We will carry on forever more
Maybe in another generation
When other lads have come to take our place
They'll carry on the glory of the City
Keeping City in the place
City - Manchester City

Has to be one of the strangest build up to a derby I can remember. We haven't really fired yet and they're only starting to find a bit of belief. A few weeks ago I would've thought that it would be a chance to do to them what they've done to us so often in the past. Beat them not necessarily smash them but enough to put them back in their box and strip them of their new found belief.

Now I don't know, if 1-11 work as hard as they can and shake the little gremlins out of our collective system we'll be fine. We should be up for a derby but the way we've been of late no one knows what City will turn up tomorrow.

I just worry how things will go if we concede first.

The game starts at 6.30 am here, but I'm recording it and watching with a fellow blue who's coming over with his wife and kids at 9.00

In which case can I ask you to defer the matchday / post match threads by 2 & 1/2 hours so you don't ruin things?

Thanks in anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.