Have many of our “fans” become entitled?

There's always a line, and it's crossed too often. Some of the words thrown Garcia's are a little bit embarrassing, all because he had the audacity of wanting to play for his boyhood club for an unreasonably high wage.

It's more ubiquitous though.

To repeat what jimharri wrote last night in the Rodri thread:

However, one of the categories for receiving a warning is "excessive abuse of City personnel/employee". Calling someone a shite footballer is one thing; calling him a shitebag is not acceptable.

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. And yes, this is a forum where you can give your opinion. But if you fail to keep your emotions in check and make any comment that crosses the line, then it's just not tolerable.

It's kind of always been the same to be honest even at the game. We are a bunch of whinging bastards, myself included at times. I put it down to a certain personality trait you needed to start following the Blues. An inner masochism, a kind of morose character trait. It's very hard to define but it is what it is.

I wouldn't say it's entitled, definitely not amongst the older fans. I think it's more expectations have been raised and as a result the pressure. Losing any game, no fan likes it so they will have a moan, dead rubber or not. I'm thinking of rewriting the " We never win at home we never win away" song to, "We moan at home and we moan away, win or lose we moan all day, we're not entitled and we do give a fuck, moaning bastards okay!!!"

Aside from the abuse of players and staff issue which is another matter IMO. In terms of enjoying the ride, this era is probably the one that would justify having a happy-laid back fanbase but I don't think City's fanbase has ever been that on the whole. However, I also think there's a happy medium to find between not being miserable and entitled and not being too happy to be here("happy clappers" as they call them here) and inviting complacency, we already have examples in football today of where that leads.

Interesting views and maybe the moaning has increased. For me personally, I call it as I see it. If a player is having a bad game,Imo It’s ok to have a heated discussion on said players performance. Racist abuse is disgusting and has no place on this forum or anywhere else.

The club has changed and also stayed the same and so have the supporters. The clash of old and new will continue into the future. The standards on the field has risen and so has the fans expectations. I feel incredibly lucky to be a city fan. It was tough work at times but the enjoyment from lifting a cup never diminishes no matter how many we win.

All I am trying to say is yes the core of the club remains firmly intact but we also have to embrace the new and that includes entitled twats/fans. It is entirely up to you blue as to how you deal with this new era. Laugh, Cry, Rant but most importantly enjoy the wonderful football Pep is serving up. The rest is white noise...I include myself in the rant category but certainly not entitled ;)

Last edited:
The more things change, the more they stay the same ;)

There's always a line, and it's crossed too often. Some of the words thrown Garcia's are a little bit embarrassing, all because he had the audacity of wanting to play for his boyhood club for an unreasonably high wage.

It's more ubiquitous though.

To repeat what jimharri wrote last night in the Rodri thread:

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. And yes, this is a forum where you can give your opinion. But if you fail to keep your emotions in check and make any comment that crosses the line, then it's just not tolerable.
Where in the rules is that ? What jim said

It’s not entitlement, it’s expectation.

Not an expectation to win, but an expectation to give your all.

It’s why I was damning of Rodri last night and also in the Dortmund game, when he lost the ball and didn’t try fix an error he caused and chose to moan and give up.

We’re City. We had 30 years of players who sometimes weren’t very good but gave every ounce of their being to TRY. That’s all I’ve ever asked.

It’s why we revere Zabaleta, Richard Dunne, Andy Morrison and Goater, whilst far, far better players are just passing memories.

Find me a single blue that would have Robinho over Richard Dunne.

So it’s not entitlement, we’ve been spoilt beyond our wildest dreams.

But it is expectation.

Expectation that if you wear the shirt zabaleta or Dunne bled on, you try. If a player doesn’t and chooses to moan like Rodri does when he gives the ball away, or play the agent game like Garcia has, they are the entitled ones.

I don't feel more "entitled" but I do expect more.
I'm getting used to our highly trained squad achieving unbelievable feats , I expect this to continue for some time.
Our professionalism has been staggering and light years ahead of our competitors both on and off the field.
When the focus is on the 90 mins on the pitch I am now conditioned to see WWWW ......
this last month has been quite a new experience and has taken time to get used to. It's clear we have had a plan and all that matters is the coming final. Games like last night are irrelevant and if it suits Pep to play the u12s then so be it.
I'm not a happy clapper ,Walker can be brain dead at times , Raz well what can I say and that twat at right back soon to be at Barca can fuck off now!.
It's difficult to get used to the dizzy heights of serial winners when you were brought up on the scoreboard end watching Cliff Sear et al.
Entitled ? No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.