Have we lost our fun since 2008 ?

ell said:
mxpx said:
I wouldnt like to think what would happen if I was at Middlesborough away again singing we want 9!

Probably get shot for taking the piss out of City.
This.

God I miss atmosphere like that, quality. Going mental when Elano scored for 6-1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOZgELbK_c[/youtube]

About 5.53.

danburge82 said:
The people I only ever really see moaning at the games are older blokes (50+) and birds to be honest. I don't want to generalise either catagory because they aren't all the same, obviously, but they are the two worst.

I think out support was better all round back in the 90's. More variety of songs, songs, more tavelling to away games, more younger lads, younger average age of fans...

These days I think there's a shortage of young lads supporting City.
It was a very young crowd at Blackburn though. Very noticable.

City Raider said:
good to see no gross generalisations on this thread
It's impossible to discuss trends in supporter base without generalising though.

What do you want, 40,000 names mentioned and a quick guide to each individuals own style of match day support.

Not really think some people just read on here to much, still some of the best fans to travel the country, always a good laugh and piss up.

I don't think much has really changed, although we probably have an aging support. Back in those days we had to laugh at ourselves as we were shite. These days the stakes are much higher and the margin for error much smaller: one defeat could ultimately cost us the title this year.

Most threads about preceived changes in out support are simply people viewing things through the Bluemoon prism.

The biggest thread on here the day after a game we've won might be a huge argument about whether Kolorov is good enough. It doesn't mean our fans have changed, it's just the thing at the top of the forum.

SWP's back said:
City Raider said:
good to see no gross generalisations on this thread
It's impossible to discuss trends in supporter base without generalising though.

What do you want, 40,000 names mentioned and a quick guide to each individuals own style of match day support.

Yes please.

I think that many people work hard all week, or are hen pecked by the wife, and they choose a football match as the arena to vent their spleen. It must be hard to piss and moan when you are 4-nil up, but some people never fail to amaze me. I wouldn't say it was an age thing either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.