Have we lost our fun since 2008 ?

comparing the 'good old days' to a shitty hitler video

hahahhaha, now that is funny!

love the 'this is how it feels to be city' song, its ironic and pisses the rags off, the hitler video just mocks us.

i cant remember outright mocking ourselves back in the days, i cant remember the kippax roaring with laughter because someone said we hacve no history, small time etc.

edit...and no we havent lost our humour, away days are as top as they always were...and the home games are improving by the day

sorry I dont want to criticise our (mostly) fantastic support

i'd make you right Dan. There was a recent survey and we had some of the oldest fans in the league.

I believe City are aware and are trying to do things about it but its not easy.

I've bored you all with it before, the best way to solve this problem is to get an atmosphere in the ground. And to keep playing sexy football.

forevermancity said:

love the 'this is how it feels to be city' song, its ironic and pisses the rags off, the hitler video just mocks us.

i cant remember outright mocking ourselves back in the days, i cant remember the kippax roaring with laughter because someone said we hacve no history, small time etc.
edit...and no we havent lost our humour, away days are as top as they always were...and the home games are improving by the day

But some posts on this thread already prove that some fans hate the very thought that we can either laugh or mock ourselves.
You obviously must be a younger fan if you can`t remember the above !!

oakiecokie said:
forevermancity said:

But some posts on this thread already prove that some fans hate the very thought that we can either laugh or mock ourselves.
You obviously must be a younger fan if you can`t remember the above !!

My memories of the Kippax (the REAL 'standing' Kippax) was that it was a place of humour. The terraces on which I stood were a hotbed of the self-deprecating City humour that we all grew up to know and love.

For example, many years ago Stuart Hall christened Maine Road the 'Theatre of Base Comedy'. A term of affection, not abuse. An ability to laugh at ourselves and to hell with the rest of them. It seems that some posters on here are confusing this sort of affection with self-mockery. A lot of us from that generation are City's strongest champions when it comes down to it.

The 'good old days' mostly weren't that good. A lot of the time it was the comedy which kept us sane.

My memories of the Kippax (the REAL 'standing' Kippax) was that it was a place of humour. The terraces on which I stood were a hotbed of the self-deprecating City humour that we all grew up to know and love.

For example, many years ago Stuart Hall christened Maine Road the 'Theatre of Base Comedy'. A term of affection, not abuse. An ability to laugh at ourselves and to hell with the rest of them. It seems that some posters on here are confusing this sort of affection with self-mockery. A lot of us from that generation are City's strongest champions when it comes down to it.

The 'good old days' mostly weren't that good. A lot of the time it was the comedy which kept us sane.[/quote]

A lot of the time it was the fact you were with your mates and often the match just meant there were two 45 minute breaks in your drinking. The good games become a blur and the bad ones you remember not for the actual match. A bonus at Maine Road was that you could bring your small team supporting mates to show them what it was really like . Took Oxford fans to the Charlton game in '85 and he couldn't belive you could enjoy a match so much. It's still his football highlight

oakiecokie said:
citysince88 said:
Old farts = Doom Merchants.

Thats the last thing I could ever be called !
Never slagged off any of our Managers,Our Owner,Khaldoon,Cook,Marwood etc.Only player I have issues with are Balo and his attitude,but hopefully he has now turned the corner.
I don`t whinge at the Club,Ticket Sales,Ticket Office,Increase in ST Prices,Programmes,Pies,Beer,Away Team Ticket Allocation,CL seating arrangements,MEN,Stuart Brennan,etc,etc.
Old Farts = Doom Merchants !!
Think not sunshine,nothing to be gloomy about,except those who worry too much ref the FFP and Transfer Fees.
We`ve all seen it,been there,got the t-shirt,us old farts,so it wont be anything new for us.
Sorry for those 30 year old somethings !!
Make your own mind up which catagory you fall in,but make it fast.It wont be long before the Old Fart Syndrome catches up with you. ;)

I wasn't saying you specifically but it is the fans that have weather'd the majority of shit our beloved club likes to test us with that seem to be a bit wooden these days, I think it's the fact that we are so close to being the top team in the country they are just waiting for it to go tits up and this constant expectation of the worst manifests itself in every little thing being made into worst case scenario, I hope I die before I get old :)

Ten years ago we were expected to play well and win every match scoring lots of goals.

There were complaints then if we didn't.

We won the football league by ten points too.

Of course people still moaned when we drew or got beat.

No different to now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.