Have we seen the best?

We played last season without our best player for most of it KDB.

AND without a first choice left back,
AND without Fernadinho for quite a lot of games.
AND with quite a few decisions going against us and FOR our opponents.

And if VAR operates without flaw that should work in our favor.

I think we will reach 100+ points this time around.

I thought my supporting career peaked with Aguerooooo but where as i might not replicate that particular explosion of emotion again ive equally enjoyed the things ive witnessed since. The football in the last few seasons has been sensational.

And a last second winner v the dippers in the Champs league final would probably equal the aguerooooo moment.

Good innit

I don't know if we have or not but,
I've just seen the highlights from the last game against Yokohama, and I realize they are not equal to the competition we will face most of the season but we were far more direct than usual with more and longer through balls into space and we cut through very easily. I hope this is something they are working on more as the opportunities are there more often than we exploit. With the regulars in the first half the passing was very good.

Two players who we can be hopeful of better seasons:

De Bruyne and Mendy.

And there's a third reason to be hopeful. Our success is not just a function of our ability, but how good our opponent is. Surely Liverpool's extraordinary luck of 2018/19 can not continue? Balls bouncing on cross bars, and keepers having a collective nightmare against them etc. That will not last. They've not strengthened either and are dangerously reliant on fatigued forwards.

Two players who we can be hopeful of better seasons:

De Bruyne and Mendy.

And there's a third reason to be hopeful. Our success is not just a function of our ability, but how good our opponent is. Surely Liverpool's extraordinary luck of 2018/19 can not continue? Balls bouncing on cross bars, and keepers having a collective nightmare against them etc. That will not last. They've not strengthened either and are dangerously reliant on fatigued forwards.
They’ll also struggle with the super cup and world club cup fixtures

I think we will soar higher, further, faster and more beautifully than last season using thermals created by a superb, bonded squad, dedicated back room staff and the most fantastic manager of them all.

JJ

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.