Have we seen the best?

I'm sure they do. However the timing of any ban would..... if I didn't know any better, be such as to cause us maximum harm
You may be right, but FIFA do not wish us ill in the way that UEFA do, so I am hopeful that it will not be too bad.

When Toure smashed it in against that lot at Wembley, I thought it couldn’t get better. When Aguero scored to end the wait, I thought it couldn’t get better. When Jesus scored to make us centurions, I thought it couldn’t get better. When Silva scored to seal the deal, I thought it couldn’t get better. I’m not giving up thinking.

We managed 100 points and two trophies followed by 98 points and three (or four) trophies in two seasons and reached the QF of the CL each time. Improving on that little lot isn't going to be easy.
But just cos it's difficult doesn't mean it can't be done.

I would feel much more confident of domination ,if we got a stud CB..but Im not sure who that would be ..We have a couple coming ,but thats 18 months off

Just watching the new documentary. Wow. Been to Burnley maybe 10 times watching city, never realised how much it is like the dentists. Roll on next season blues

As someone once said, the moment of fruition marked the beginning of decline.

Rolling up at Wembley for the FA Cup final and demolishing a decent team to complete an unprecedented domestic treble after having won our last 14 league games to defend our title staving off a record breaking challenge from the European champions - it’s hard to see anything other than decline from that amazing peak.

What the rate of decline will be is where the debate lies imo.
Winning league third time and reaching finals of CL would already be an improvement, so we haven't reached peak for sure. And for me Liverpool are winners of CL not 'European Champions' ;)

I have a lot of sympathy for that view but I'm not sure Pep can bring himself to take that approach. His scope to rotate his players though is huge if we have avoid too many injuries.
I’m sure pep will want to win all four. I don’t think the issue is the total number of games, more the fixture congestion.

It’s the extra December game before the Xmas fixtures, the extra two midweek games in January when other clubs are recovering from Xmas and then possibly 3 rearranged midweek games at the end of the season. It was a miracle that we were able to put together that 14 game run in the pl at the end of the season but at times it looked like the players were running through treacle.

If we are to pull off a pl and cl double we need those extra midweek breaks

Winning league third time and reaching finals of CL would already be an improvement, so we haven't reached peak for sure. And for me Liverpool are winners of CL not 'European Champions' ;)
Agree with you about Lpool and to follow that logic, us winning the discredited corporate beanfest that is the CL wouldn’t be an improvement. Winning 3 titles on the bounce would definitely be an astonishing achievement but for me the manner of last season’s triumph is unsurpassable regardless of whether we win 3 in a row or 10 in a row.
We’re so lucky to have been City fans and to have witnessed that run in, there’ll never be anything like that again. I keep going back and reading the results with a smile on my face, to win the last 14 games only conceding 4 goals was just fucking mental !

No far from it.
We played last season without our best player for most of it KDB.
I don't think we could replicate what we did last season but I expect us to win the league again and the champions league this time.

Agree with you about Lpool and to follow that logic, us winning the discredited corporate beanfest that is the CL wouldn’t be an improvement. Winning 3 titles on the bounce would definitely be an astonishing achievement but for me the manner of last season’s triumph is unsurpassable regardless of whether we win 3 in a row or 10 in a row.
We’re so lucky to have been City fans and to have witnessed that run in, there’ll never be anything like that again. I keep going back and reading the results with a smile on my face, to win the last 14 games only conceding 4 goals was just fucking mental !
It would because our best so far is a semi final appearance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.