Have you ever applauded an opponent's goal V us?

I have only ever applauded two goals against us...the first was Ivan Campo's goal for Notlob in what I think was a 5-2 win a few seasons ago. Was a sublime 30 yard curled shot hat many people sat around me also clapped for it's skill. The second one I clapped was Zoltan Gera's goal against us in the league cup game earlier this season (although there weren't many people at that game if I recall rightly!), a superb volley that given had no chance of stopping!

Can't understand why a fantastic goal by our opponents can't be applauded by us...unless it's against Manure, Spuds, Bindippers, Blue bindippers, Villa, Chelski, Birmingham, Newcastle, West Brom to name just one or two, he he

I have applauded many great goals against city, apart from rags, cant stand unsporting fans, they belong at sold traffrod

Prestwich_Blue said:
Gera's this season was an absolute stonker and me and a few around me gave him some richly deserved applause.

I also applauded the Hamburg team at the end of the UEFA Cup tie. They played their part in a memorable night.
Gera's in the cup was world class

I didn't applaud it at the time but Berbatovs performance for Spurs at Eastlands was one of the best individual 90 mins i've seen. Up front on his jack and them down to 10 men for most of the game.

I think it goes to demonstrate the downturn in the sporting nature of your average football fan in that I can't remember great opposition goals having been applauded for the best part of two decades. The only exceptions I can remember were the two occasions when Arsenal turned us over in the first fifteen minutes and everyone laid back into piss take mode and started to applaud everything they did.

Go back to the 70s and 80s and it was a gimme that any great goal against us would be received by warm applause and, in an era of hooliganism, it was the one thing that gave you comfort that the vast majority of football fans were still decent folk.

When Francis Lee scored a pearler against us for Derby and then ran over past the Platt Lane, arms aloft, half the City crowd rose as one to applaud him. Now, half the crowd would be in uproar saying what a **** he was for celebrating and the other half would sit in stony silence.

Clapped Merson of the pitch against us at Maine Road and also clapped a Arsenal goal when they dicked us at Maine Road

The Cyrille Regis one again.

Memory hazy but he seemed to run from the halfway line, beat half our team and cracked it low into the corner from outside the box past Big Joe at the Platt Lane end. The whole ground applauded that one.

Often clapped an opponents goal if I thought it was good play!

Not affraid to clap good play when I see it but obviously prefer it when its City!

Will always hold up my hands when City are out played by a better team!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.