Have your views on a European Super League changed in the last three years?

I have 115 reasons to support the idea of a super league. The Champions League is as bent as a nine bob note, but is the Prem any better? I'd sooner win the Prem than any other tournament, but it's run by people who seem to be at the beck and call of a certain group of clubs.
As I said on another thread: I'd support a super league if it included relegation and if the entry criteria were current status with no regard to money, history, or delusions of grandeur (Spurs please note).

I have 115 reasons to support the idea of a super league. The Champions League is as bent as a nine bob note, but is the Prem any better? I'd sooner win the Prem than any other tournament, but it's run by people who seem to be at the beck and call of a certain group of clubs.
As I said on another thread: I'd support a super league if it included relegation and if the entry criteria were current status with no regard to money, history, or delusions of grandeur (Spurs please note).
Im with you, £550 for a CL ticket, owe them nothing.

Interesting article.

I know literally nothing about A22 Sports Management, other than they’re the company behind all this.

But their proposals seem to offer greater protection to the ‘history’ clubs, rather than less.

At the moment, no team can qualify for the following year’s Champions League unless they finish in a strong league position the season before or win one of UEFA’s two major trophies the previous season.

These proposals make your domestic form totally irrelevant, as far as their flagship competition is concerned. Once you’re in it, you’re in it to stay unless you get relegated from it. Presumably the bottom of the eight teams.

You could, in theory at least, have a team finish bottom of the Premier League and still qualify for the following season’s equivalent of the Champions League.

If an English or Spanish team for example came from nowhere to win their domestic league, all they’re getting for their troubles is a place in the third tier Super League competition. The equivalent of the current EUFA Conference.

I’m no particular fan of UEFA. But I’m seeing nothing in these proposals that look like an improvement on what they offer.

The exact opposite in fact.

I know literally nothing about A22 Sports Management, other than they’re the company behind all this.

But their proposals seem to offer greater protection to the ‘history’ clubs, rather than less.

At the moment, no team can qualify for the following year’s Champions League unless they finish in a strong league position the season before or win one of UEFA’s two major trophies the previous season.

These proposals make your domestic form totally irrelevant, as far as their flagship competition is concerned. Once you’re in it, you’re in it to stay unless you get relegated from it. Presumably the bottom of the eight teams.

You could, in theory at least, have a team finish bottom of the Premier League and still qualify for the following season’s equivalent of the Champions League.

If an English or Spanish team for example came from nowhere to win their domestic league, all they’re getting for their troubles is a place in the third tier Super League competition. The equivalent of the current EUFA Conference.

I’m no particular fan of UEFA. But I’m seeing nothing in these proposals that look like an improvement on what they offer.

The exact opposite in fact.
My comment that you quoted was from 4 weeks ago and specifically states support for a super league only if entry criteria is based on current form. If the A22 Sports Management mob want historical performance to be included in the entry criteria then I'm out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.