Have your views on a European Super League changed in the last three years?

Wasn’t there a threat to ban players from their national teams too?

If you play any organised football that doesn’t have the approval of FIFA, you are effectively banning yourself from all other football.

It would be the equivalent of the World Series of cricket. The only football that could be played would be under that umbrella, without FIFA’s approval.

There's too much money in the sport and it's causing too many games and too much of a clash. The super league can fuck off. I don't want to be part of anything where a group of clubs decides they're bigger than the rest and want to make more money.

Once upon a time we were down the leagues, a sleeping giant. We should respect the football pyramid and ensure the survival of the other teams in it, not breakaway and join the scum of Europe. It's the biggest fuck up our owners have made, and they should have said no from the start and used that as a PR tool in all of our battles over FFP - we said no to it, this is a witch hunt by them because we're doing things they don't like.

The CL needs to stop re-branding to get more games and more money. The new league format is a joke and it should be a straight knock-out.

World Club Cup I don't mind, but keep it as is. Don't make it this summer tournament where everyone gets flogged before the season.

At some point the players are going to be fucked, the standard of football will decline and no one will give a shit about paying to watch it.

Not the greatest of ideas but more than likely it will happen. Especially with the latest changes with the financial regulations.

In principle, I love the idea. Though implementing it without sacrificing the domestic leagues is an impossibility. So far that reason I'd be against it.

Do think it is going to happen; a question of if and not when.

I’ve been reading sporadic reports that it is inevitable since at least the 1980s. Probably earlier.

It’s normally just a threat/ bargaining chip for the richest clubs to grab an increasingly bigger slice of the pie.

I’m not convinced any of the clubs, particularly in England, actually want it.

Be surprised if I live to ever see it in action anyway.

Didn't give a fuck about it then and feel exactly the same now. I don't like the CL and couldn't give a monkey's fandangle about anything that might replace it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.