Hazard Joining Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close Knit City Squad Dodges Hazardous Bullet

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=283383

There's been something not quite right about Eden Hazard's bizarre public string-along over his next destination after Lille. Relief all round. It's Chelsea...

As was documented here and elsewhere across Planet Blue last week, a talented 21 year old, who is far from the finished European article gobbing off about how many starts he expects to make in his new shirt next season had City's hierarchy, nevermind the fans, shifting uneasily in their seats. In point of fact, until the Lille President opens up, we won't know for sure whether or not a firm bid to buy the exciting winger's services was lodged from The Etihad Stadium offices.

Anyroad, he's finally been on YouTwitFace tonight announcing he's chosen to go to Chelsea, who won the Champions League in fine style.

Certainly, the facts, the figures and numbers on this one will make for interesting reading following the numerous revelations in France that his agent was after a monster (copyright Eric Hall) cut in the deal.

But more importantly in this Blue's eyes, despite relentless pressure from outside, Roberto Mancini has forged a tight knit siege mentality into his young English Champions. Most notably throughout last season his men always talked up their ambition for the team, not themselves.

Hazard has been sensational in Ligue 1 but he will not get the same time on the ball he has enjoyed in The Premier League. He can also expect some clatterings. He has something of an erratic nature and having previously talked up his desire to play in Italy and Spain last year the last thing City need is another powder keg alongside the resurgent Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez.

City are in a very different situation to that of Chelsea and United. Both have a raft of ageing players that need to be replaced with increasing urgency. What a lot of hacks tend to overlook is that all of Mancio's signings have either been early to mid twenties in age. The Premier League title secured, it's a comfortable pre-dynastic place to be in.

This correspondent doesn't think this is a case of we move on. I'd suggest that the shrewd City set up have their eye on numerous similar targets. Preferably those with established Champions and Premier League experience.

Tell you what though, this flirtatious little episode doesn't half remind us of how far the rags' stock has fallen!

Re: Close Knit City Squad Dodges Hazardous Bullet

I agree. I mean the guy is a top class player and had he come I would have been excited about seeing him play, i will also be interested to see how he does at Chelsea BUT this whole situation with him thinking he is the new Messi and picking whatever club he wants if they meet his demands really put me off him.

Apparently he can be quite difficult to manage so we'll see!

We don't need a great deal of players, depending on who leaves this summer it looks like we'll be after a striker, a centre back and a winger at the most but the great thing is that even if the squad stays exactly the same we should win the league again!

the guy is a first class prick makes tevez look like a angel

*sigh*

I knew there would be a torrent of articles/opinions like this from City/United leaning reporters in the wake of Hazard's rejection.

The fact is yes it has been unedifying, but the lad is just trying to maximise his value. The reality is that if we would have signed him, we wouldn't be caring much about the transfer saga. It's very much sour grapes on our part.

Also, get used to transfers being conducted very much in the public sphere for high profile/young players like this in the future: look at how the Hazard's brand has exploded thanks to his public auction. I heard that he has increased his twitter followers by a massive amount since this all started. Twitter followers = massive sponsorship deals for these players.

I've never seen him play so I've nothing to basis his level of ability on from a personal perspective, however given the clammour for his signature I'll assume those in the know are right and Hazard is a fantastic young player. That is exactly the type of player City should be looking at, and should be interested in signing, so it comes as no surprise to me that we indeed were. However footballing ability is just one aspect, the player's attitude and behaviour need to match as well. As has been previously stated City is a close knit squad, but even then we have volatile characters like Balotelli and Tevez in the mix, woudl it have been sensible to add someone with an ego the size of Hazard's to the squad? It could be argued the answer to that question is no.

No doubt the media will portray this as Hazard snubbing City in order to chose the Champion's League Winners Chelsea, however if you listen to those who claim to have some inside track on City's dealings it would seem we became disillusioned with the transfer saga, Hazard's hystrionics and his agents financial demands a week or so ago and haven't really been a legitimate option for young Eden since then. So, for "snubbed City" it could well be more accurate for journalists to write "snubbed by City", although it'll be a cold day in hell before the truth gets in the way of a good City bashing.

Whilst I think he is a good player, I never wanted him to sign for City in the 1st place. He isn't an established star yet and having heard reports that he is difficult to manage, I think we could do without another balotelli/tevez saga

I wasn't too fussed either way about his signing, as I trust our manager and owners to do the right thing whatever happens.
We can't sign just anybody we want. Even Barca and Real can't do that, much as they seem to believe that is the case sometimes.
That said, articles like that one do smack of sour grapes, I'm afraid. It comes across as a bit childish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.