Hazard's alternative

jollylescott said:
Hello everyone from sunny Sydney Australia! Congratulations on a superb season. Its been a pleasure to watch.

In my view the starting point is that Man City have by far and away the best team in the PL. Most commentators have acknowledged this. So how do you improve such a team and challenge the Barca's and Madrids?

One thing that was quite obvious from watching afar (although I my son and I did fly over for 2 games (Fulham in the snow and Villa away the following week) is that without the towering presence of Djeko in the box it was hard to break down ten defensive players in the box. Even in the QPR game the ball came sailing over from out wide and we lacked the height to pose a threat. The question then becomes whether to seek another tall forward or persist with Djeko. Thats why I found the talk about LLorente or even (dare I say it he seems to be unpopular) Ibrahimovic as interesting options. From purely watching Ibrahimovic in the Champions League games this season he is very skilful and strong on the ball. If available I think he should be considered.

The second key figure is Ya Ya. We definitely need support for him. He had a brilliant season but if something happens injury wise (or for the period when he was required to play in the African Cup) it does make a significant difference to the team. This is why I believe that Javier Martinez would be a key acquisition. He is a tall and commanding presence and working with Ya Ya would make a massive difference.

In relation to the central backs Joleon had a superb season. But again without he and Vincent or both, it does make a massive difference. Again Martinez has the capacity to play as a centre back and therefore I believe you get 2 options for the price of one.

That's far to many good points for a first post, ban them ;)

Enjoy the forums matey :) stay away from cellars (just trust me).

TCIB said:
jollylescott said:
Hello everyone from sunny Sydney Australia! Congratulations on a superb season. Its been a pleasure to watch.

In my view the starting point is that Man City have by far and away the best team in the PL. Most commentators have acknowledged this. So how do you improve such a team and challenge the Barca's and Madrids?

One thing that was quite obvious from watching afar (although I my son and I did fly over for 2 games (Fulham in the snow and Villa away the following week) is that without the towering presence of Djeko in the box it was hard to break down ten defensive players in the box. Even in the QPR game the ball came sailing over from out wide and we lacked the height to pose a threat. The question then becomes whether to seek another tall forward or persist with Djeko. Thats why I found the talk about LLorente or even (dare I say it he seems to be unpopular) Ibrahimovic as interesting options. From purely watching Ibrahimovic in the Champions League games this season he is very skilful and strong on the ball. If available I think he should be considered.

The second key figure is Ya Ya. We definitely need support for him. He had a brilliant season but if something happens injury wise (or for the period when he was required to play in the African Cup) it does make a significant difference to the team. This is why I believe that Javier Martinez would be a key acquisition. He is a tall and commanding presence and working with Ya Ya would make a massive difference.

In relation to the central backs Joleon had a superb season. But again without he and Vincent or both, it does make a massive difference. Again Martinez has the capacity to play as a centre back and therefore I believe you get 2 options for the price of one.

That's far to many good points for a first post, ban them ;)

Enjoy the forums matey :) stay away from cellars (just trust me).

It is very good post it makes me feel like I have wasted all of mine on nothing to serious I will try much harder next message i write on here

Who was the young Argentine lad (17) someone put a clip up of the other day? Plays for River Plate I think? I noticed he was linked last night on Newsnow but can't find it anymore :0(

Edit: Lucas Ocampos

jonmcity said:
GHoddle said:
Hadn't really thought about it, but there aren't very many quality wingers around right now, that are available. I think that's why I'm ok with selling Modric, because we can find replacements of a similar ilk, or even someone different like Fellaini, to replace him. In any case there are tons of central midfield players that we could look at. But if we sold Bale we would be very hard pressed to find a gettable replacement of even close to the same quality.

You would miss both. i expect us to put a bid in for Bale now. will you be able to keep hold of him? what's your opinion

Bale we can't replace, Modric wouldn't be a huge loss if we got a replacement. I would guess that we keep Bale and sell Modric. My hope would be to Madrid with Sahin coming our way but I have no idea if they will let him go.

I doubt that Levy would let Bale go for anything less than an obscene amount of money. Lavezzi would probably be a lot cheaper. From what I've heard though, Bale is happy here but he's on low wages - however I think it's more likely that he'll sign a new contract than leave.

can't read all the thread as I'm on my phone whilst sat on the bog at work but has anyone mentioned Shaqiri, he looks very good and can play from the left. He'd also be a good replacement for Modric if he was to leave spurs

lucas moura seems a good prospect.

I don't think Bale is a replacement for Hazard. We need a winger who can play as a second striker. So a better AJ lol

Unfortunately there aren't that many out there. Sanchez was one but we missed out, no we missed out on Hazard. So maybe Hulk but I reckon Chelsea will get him as I think thats how they sold it to Hazard...

"we are getting all these quality players, be part of a revolution etc"

Ben arfa the best skillfull player in PL
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iXigKaL93k&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iXigKaL ... re=related</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFvt_94qYE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFvt_94qYE</a>
Ben arfa Nasri Benzema vs iceland
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHLHvG3o2D8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHLHvG3o2D8</a>
-----Kun
nasri silva ben arfa

I dont understand why we arent after krasic at all.
He fell completly out of the squad under Conte,and his agent has said he is leaving italy.

His work rate defensive might not be the best, but offensive he is a monster.
small transfer fee low on wages, would probably accept not playing all game and being rotate. a no brainer if u ask me..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.