Hazard's alternative

jollylescott said:
Hello everyone from sunny Sydney Australia! Congratulations on a superb season. Its been a pleasure to watch.

In my view the starting point is that Man City have by far and away the best team in the PL. Most commentators have acknowledged this. So how do you improve such a team and challenge the Barca's and Madrids?

One thing that was quite obvious from watching afar (although I my son and I did fly over for 2 games (Fulham in the snow and Villa away the following week) is that without the towering presence of Djeko in the box it was hard to break down ten defensive players in the box. Even in the QPR game the ball came sailing over from out wide and we lacked the height to pose a threat. The question then becomes whether to seek another tall forward or persist with Djeko. Thats why I found the talk about LLorente or even (dare I say it he seems to be unpopular) Ibrahimovic as interesting options. From purely watching Ibrahimovic in the Champions League games this season he is very skilful and strong on the ball. If available I think he should be considered.

The second key figure is Ya Ya. We definitely need support for him. He had a brilliant season but if something happens injury wise (or for the period when he was required to play in the African Cup) it does make a significant difference to the team. This is why I believe that Javier Martinez would be a key acquisition. He is a tall and commanding presence and working with Ya Ya would make a massive difference.

In relation to the central backs Joleon had a superb season. But again without he and Vincent or both, it does make a massive difference. Again Martinez has the capacity to play as a centre back and therefore I believe you get 2 options for the price of one.

Yeah, I agree with you. These two (Ibra and Martinez) would make a difference. But if we needed a straight alternative for Hazard I would like this Lucas Ocampos guy. I heard somewhere that we were interested acquiring his services, correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is the answer...<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willian_Borges_da_Silva" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willian_Borges_da_Silva</a>
Chelsea were sure to sign him but, having now bought Hazard instead, the Brazilian winger may now be interested in coming here.

QuincyB said:
Lavezzi or Hulk !

Hulk?
Never in a million years. He's the most over-rated and over-valued player in football today. He is a good player, but built to last about 50-60minutes tops (probably 45 minutes in the PL)... including 10 minutes laying on the pitch pretending to be injured.

I really really hope Chelsea buys him and spends a fortune getting him.

Did you see him against us? He was no better than an off-day AJ.

Matt the Giant said:
QuincyB said:
Lavezzi or Hulk !

Hulk?
Never in a million years. He's the most over-rated and over-valued player in football today. He is a good player, but built to last about 50-60minutes tops (probably 45 minutes in the PL)... including 10 minutes laying on the pitch pretending to be injured.

I really really hope Chelsea buys him and spends a fortune getting him.

Did you see him against us? He was no better than an off-day AJ.

Touche But i think with him being a verstile player could help the city front four cause he can play as St/CF & both flanks. Just my opinion.

Hadn't really thought about it, but there aren't very many quality wingers around right now, that are available. I think that's why I'm ok with selling Modric, because we can find replacements of a similar ilk, or even someone different like Fellaini, to replace him. In any case there are tons of central midfield players that we could look at. But if we sold Bale we would be very hard pressed to find a gettable replacement of even close to the same quality.

GHoddle said:
Hadn't really thought about it, but there aren't very many quality wingers around right now, that are available. I think that's why I'm ok with selling Modric, because we can find replacements of a similar ilk, or even someone different like Fellaini, to replace him. In any case there are tons of central midfield players that we could look at. But if we sold Bale we would be very hard pressed to find a gettable replacement of even close to the same quality.

You would miss both. i expect us to put a bid in for Bale now. will you be able to keep hold of him? what's your opinion

GHoddle said:

Adam Johnson in part of the Bale deal and you'll be laughing... Given game time he'd be a star for an attacking team.

Now Hazards gone, you'd probably bag another £30 million on top too...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.