Hazard's alternative

skybluecelt1990 said:
Blue Haze said:
Forgot about Muniain. Bilbao probably won't sell though.

I'm sure he'll have the a standard Spanish players buyout clause between £25/£35m. Muniain & Gotze are probably the 2 "next big things" after Hazard.

For me it's got to be pace and trickery.

Muniain or Moura would be perfect. Bale will be just as expensive and not as good. Haven't seen enough of Gotze to form an opinion.

sam-caddick said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
Blue Haze said:
Forgot about Muniain. Bilbao probably won't sell though.

I'm sure he'll have the a standard Spanish players buyout clause between £25/£35m. Muniain & Gotze are probably the 2 "next big things" after Hazard.

I would put Neymar and Lucas in that category as well!

Many say Neymar won't hack it, I disagree - I have seen him play in a few games and in our formation/ style of play he would be perfect!!

Thats if we are prepared to wait until 2014 though. Superb prospect like you said though.

anybody with pace we need pure speed out wide how about moses from wigan wouldnt cost a fortune and wouldnt mind being on the bench .Personally i think team is fine we just need a game changer from the bench and a decent centre back .

richards30 said:
Lavezzi for me! Destroyed us in the chumps league.

For me too, great burst of pace to change the game<br /><br />-- Mon May 28, 2012 10:24 pm --<br /><br />
rastus said:
richards30 said:
Lavezzi for me! Destroyed us in the chumps league.

For me too, great burst of pace to change the game

Above post could be a good shout

I don't think that we need dramatic changes personally. Hazard is a great player but whether he'll adjust to this league is yet to be seen. I'd only want signings of his quality rather than signing players for the sake of it. I anticipate there will be a plan B that we'll pursue now :') Onwards and upwards.

I trust Sheikh Mansour, Dr. Khaldoon Al Mubarek and Roberto to come to a successful conclusion with regards to their approach in the transfer market.

Hello everyone from sunny Sydney Australia! Congratulations on a superb season. Its been a pleasure to watch.

In my view the starting point is that Man City have by far and away the best team in the PL. Most commentators have acknowledged this. So how do you improve such a team and challenge the Barca's and Madrids?

One thing that was quite obvious from watching afar (although I my son and I did fly over for 2 games (Fulham in the snow and Villa away the following week) is that without the towering presence of Djeko in the box it was hard to break down ten defensive players in the box. Even in the QPR game the ball came sailing over from out wide and we lacked the height to pose a threat. The question then becomes whether to seek another tall forward or persist with Djeko. Thats why I found the talk about LLorente or even (dare I say it he seems to be unpopular) Ibrahimovic as interesting options. From purely watching Ibrahimovic in the Champions League games this season he is very skilful and strong on the ball. If available I think he should be considered.

The second key figure is Ya Ya. We definitely need support for him. He had a brilliant season but if something happens injury wise (or for the period when he was required to play in the African Cup) it does make a significant difference to the team. This is why I believe that Javier Martinez would be a key acquisition. He is a tall and commanding presence and working with Ya Ya would make a massive difference.

In relation to the central backs Joleon had a superb season. But again without he and Vincent or both, it does make a massive difference. Again Martinez has the capacity to play as a centre back and therefore I believe you get 2 options for the price of one.

jollylescott said:
Hello everyone from sunny Sydney Australia! Congratulations on a superb season. Its been a pleasure to watch.

In my view the starting point is that Man City have by far and away the best team in the PL. Most commentators have acknowledged this. So how do you improve such a team and challenge the Barca's and Madrids?

One thing that was quite obvious from watching afar (although I my son and I did fly over for 2 games (Fulham in the snow and Villa away the following week) is that without the towering presence of Djeko in the box it was hard to break down ten defensive players in the box. Even in the QPR game the ball came sailing over from out wide and we lacked the height to pose a threat. The question then becomes whether to seek another tall forward or persist with Djeko. Thats why I found the talk about LLorente or even (dare I say it he seems to be unpopular) Ibrahimovic as interesting options. From purely watching Ibrahimovic in the Champions League games this season he is very skilful and strong on the ball. If available I think he should be considered.

The second key figure is Ya Ya. We definitely need support for him. He had a brilliant season but if something happens injury wise (or for the period when he was required to play in the African Cup) it does make a significant difference to the team. This is why I believe that Javier Martinez would be a key acquisition. He is a tall and commanding presence and working with Ya Ya would make a massive difference.

In relation to the central backs Joleon had a superb season. But again without he and Vincent or both, it does make a massive difference. Again Martinez has the capacity to play as a centre back and therefore I believe you get 2 options for the price of one.

Welcome!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.