Headed to Scotland

Now we’re back in the UK, we’ve decided to go camper-vanning with the kids to Scotland for a couple of weeks. They’ve never been to Scotland and it’s over 30 years since I’ve been.

Anyone know what injections we need? Also, can anyone tell us which parts to avoid (please be more specific than ‘all of it’)

Thanks.
You can't go wrong with a drive up to the Isle of Skye. The drive up there is full of beautiful scenery.

The road over to Applecross is pretty special, then you can take the coast road on the way north. I'd take the road north from Ullapool to Durness on the far north coast, then east towards Thurso, some of the best beaches you'll ever find along that route (can't promise beach weather), Sandwood Bay beach is probably the most isolated beach in the UK, but a great place (several mile walk from the nearest road though) it has waterfalls onto the beach, cliff stacks. There's a cave near Durness called Smoo cave, where a river comes in through the roof of the cave, and then flows out to the sea through it.

Been lucky enough to have seen a fair amount of Scotland through working up there and as a few others have mentioned, Dumfries and Galloway is stunning.

I intend to visit next time for a holiday in a motor home and I plan to head up to loch Lomond to have a look round the area. I recommend heading along the A83 to loch Long and Fyne slowly stopping of at inveraray before meandering off up the B roads to the small port of Oban. From there I'd drive down the A816 and stay in Tarbert. Lovely quaint place that reminds me of a typical Cornish coastal village.

I also like the A78 coast road south from port Glasgow, some lovely scenery and one of my favourite places to stay is Largs before heading down to Ayr.

I was privileged to have worked amongst some stunning scenery in telecommunications, and some of the places I've seen I hope I don't forget. I need to top up my memory and make more memories of Scotland. And that miserable lizard lipped mithering **** @Magicpole can buy me a pint next time I'm over the border; )

Been lucky enough to have seen a fair amount of Scotland through working up there and as a few others have mentioned, Dumfries and Galloway is stunning.

I intend to visit next time for a holiday in a motor home and I plan to head up to loch Lomond to have a look round the area. I recommend heading along the A83 to loch Long and Fyne slowly stopping of at inveraray before meandering off up the B roads to the small port of Oban. From there I'd drive down the A816 and stay in Tarbert. Lovely quaint place that reminds me of a typical Cornish coastal village.

I also like the A78 coast road south from port Glasgow, some lovely scenery and one of my favourite places to stay is Largs before heading down to Ayr.

I was privileged to have worked amongst some stunning scenery in telecommunications, and some of the places I've seen I hope I don't forget. I need to top up my memory and make more memories of Scotland. And that miserable lizard lipped mithering **** @Magicpole can buy me a pint next time I'm over the border; )

See your staying off the forum didn’t last long attention seeking fucker:)

The road over to Applecross is pretty special, then you can take the coast road on the way north. I'd take the road north from Ullapool to Durness on the far north coast, then east towards Thurso, some of the best beaches you'll ever find along that route (can't promise beach weather), Sandwood Bay beach is probably the most isolated beach in the UK, but a great place (several mile walk from the nearest road though) it has waterfalls onto the beach, cliff stacks. There's a cave near Durness called Smoo cave, where a river comes in through the roof of the cave, and then flows out to the sea through it.
That is pretty much the exact route we did last August. The weather was awful though so we didnt do Sandwood bay as it was a long walk and we didn't fancy it. We drove to the top Balach Na Ba on the way to Applecross and you couldnt see 10 yards it was that bad. Would love to do it again in good weather and appreciate the beaches a bit more. Achmelvich beach was one that we loved, like being on a tropical beach i bet on a good day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.