Hector Bellerin

If we sell Denayer we may as well pack the youth academy up. Waste of time. Not arsed about producing players for money. It's not like we're in desperate need for it.
Denayer is the most promising youth player to go through the academy since Sturridge.
Selling him would be a mistake, one which we will regret. Give it a couple of years and 15m will be seen as a cruel joke. What's 15m to us anyway? His potential far outweighs that. He's already a Belgian international, and apart from 1 game under an awful manager in an injuryhit backline he has impressed for them - not to mention at club level on loan.

If we sell Denayer we may as well pack the youth academy up. Waste of time. Not arsed about producing players for money. It's not like we're in desperate need for it.
Denayer is the most promising youth player to go through the academy since Sturridge.
Selling him would be a mistake, one which we will regret. Give it a couple of years and 15m will be seen as a cruel joke. What's 15m to us anyway? His potential far outweighs that. He's already a Belgian international, and apart from 1 game under an awful manager in an injuryhit backline he has impressed for them - not to mention at club level on loan.
But that's the cycle of football. You put money into your club, you set up a fantastic academy, you produce top players, you sell some on for profit, you put some in the mix for the first team.....and repeat.

Im sure you're not arsed about producing players for money but seeing as football is only 11 a side at the moment the chances are the club would be looking to make something on the dozens of excess players not deemed good enough for the match day squad.

I've seen nothing whatsoever to warrant that comment

He was made to look ordinary against Wales..there are far better upcoming talents in our youth system right now

One game means nothing. He was very very good for Celtic and showed all the qualities required to be a top CB. Adding to that he is by far the best on the ball out of all our current CBs. It would be a shame for him not to get a chance under Pep because he really is a Pep type player and suited to playing a highline.

He was made to look ordinary against Wales..there are far better upcoming talents in our youth system right now

Not saying your wrong,but don't think you should judge a player on his international performance.
Just opinion mate.

Firstly, it's only in one paper and it reports Arsenal value Denayer at £15m. We could value him at £50m for all any of us know.

Whilst he looked good in Scotland, he didn't do brilliantly in Turkey. So maybe he's the next Malibu, maybe the next Nastasic. I'll leave that to Pep to decide.

There's also some decent looking defenders coming through, who the club may believe are better than Denayer. If that's the case, selling him would make sense.

Or do you think the club just want to sign players, even if the ones in the academy are better?

He wasn't that bad vs Wales.

The likes of Brahim and Sancho, sure, but not in Denayer's age group and no CB in the 17-21 age group as good as him. He's better than Adarabioyo and Humphreys

Not saying your wrong,but don't think you should judge a player on his international performance.
Just opinion mate.

And I doubt the club will either. If they don't think he will be good enough they will sell. If they think he is good enough they won't. To say he is the best prospect we have had for years because of his performances in sub standard leagues does hold much merit. The top scorer and player of the year in Scotland last year couldn't make it at Wolves.

We are at a stage where we will only sell who we want to sell. And if we sell Denayer it's because he isn't deemed to be good enough now or in the future. Sure some will return to bite us but the last few "best prospects for years" have been the likes of Lopes Rekik and Suarez. They are having decent careers in football (and Suarez could be one we eventually regret) but as yet I don't think we have made the wrong call.

Firstly, it's only in one paper and it reports Arsenal value Denayer at £15m. We could value him at £50m for all any of us know.

Whilst he looked good in Scotland, he didn't do brilliantly in Turkey. So maybe he's the next Malibu, maybe the next Nastasic. I'll leave that to Pep to decide.

There's also some decent looking defenders coming through, who the club may believe are better than Denayer. If that's the case, selling him would make sense.

Or do you think the club just want to sign players, even if the ones in the academy are better?

According to Gala fans Denayer was very good in Turkey (and he looked good to me from what I saw). They desperately want to keep him.

I believe the club is fallible and hasn't shown enough faith in youth. Pellegrini should have been told to let Demichelis go and keep Denayer on. MDM made 29 apps last season. More than enough for Denayer - and he'd have had even more chance to play given that Zaba was out for much of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.