Helen the bell ringer

thank you everyone for your memories of my Gran brought a tear to my eye reading them will have the bell at every home game at least from next season and any fan who would like to take a picture can do .

AGAIN MANY THANKS EVERYONE

Kevin

kinkyafro66 said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCIXDuas7xg[/video]

Helen is on this!!
Also a longer version of the Demichelis sprint around 1 min 20.

And best wishes to HB's grandson. I sat in the North Stand 3rd row from the front just behind HB. I think I remember a guy who used to sit next to her with loads of metal badges. And sometimes I see him outside the ground. Hard to believe almost 15 years have passed. Never thought that in the last days of Maine Rd we'd move to the new ground and win two Premiership titles, an FA Cup and League Cup and make Wembley our 2nd home.

People like Helen made this possible by keeping the Blue family together long enough for Sheikh Mansour to notice us and provide the investment the club needed. Lady luck at last smiled on City. May she keep on smiling

Marvin said:
kinkyafro66 said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCIXDuas7xg[/video]

Helen is on this!!
Also a longer version of the Demichelis sprint around 1 min 20.

And best wishes to HB's grandson. I sat in the North Stand 3rd row from the front just behind HB. I think I remember a guy who used to sit next to her with loads of metal badges. And sometimes I see him outside the ground. Hard to believe almost 15 years have passed. Never thought that in the last days of Maine Rd we'd move to the new ground and win two Premiership titles, an FA Cup and League Cup and make Wembley our 2nd home.

People like Helen made this possible by keeping the Blue family together long enough for Sheikh Mansour to notice us and provide the investment the club needed. Lady luck at last smiled on City. May she keep on smiling

that's a bit ott

we'd have been here anyway noticed by SM or not

but the continuation of ''ancient'' tradition is always good ;-)

Helen the bells grandson said:
thank you everyone for your memories of my Gran brought a tear to my eye reading them will have the bell at every home game at least from next season and any fan who would like to take a picture can do .

AGAIN MANY THANKS EVERYONE

Kevin

That is fucking ace, it needs to happen every week now.

My memories of Maine Road consist of your gran ringing that bell & it's
a noise I associate with City.

Just read all 18 pages of this wonderful tribute to MCFC's very own wonder woman. My 2 abiding memories of Helen are hearing her bell at Maine Road during or just after a City attack and getting stuck on Finglands coach A as a 14 -17 year old trying to firstly smuggle alcohol on and then being regularly lambasted / scolded when caught out like the naughter schoolboys we were..R.I.P Helen, what a City great, she made you proud to be blue.

I'm too young to have ever had the privilege of meeting Helen at Maine road but have grown up hearing stories about the dark days and the significance of her bell. Hearing that sound for the first time was an experience I won't forget. Made me appreciate our current situation even more and made me feel a part of an important era of our history that we should never forget. A special thanks to whoever thought to bring the bell as even though I was not around to experience the first ringing it made the hair on the back of my neck rise and meant a lot. Hopefully that sound will remind us of what really is important and will help to keep us grounded (sorry for the long post, wanted to try and fully explain as it felt important)

I had the privilege of meeting Helen outside Maine Road, though she was in a wheelchair by then. It was probably during the '99-00 season.

It was fantastic to hear the bell ringing out at Etihad recently and I really hope that the bell will once again become a permanent feature of matchdays at our great stadium.

its poeple like Helen that make our club what it is, a much larger than life person and if you where a regular at maine road you knew who Helen was and was greatly admired by most including me, miss the sound of her bell if someone could get it going again next year would make us oldies smile and bring back many memorys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.