Helen the bell ringer

Ok this has been annoying me, people are claiming the bell is the original, but joe corrigan was on 5live on Monday and said it isn't the original because he has it. Did anyone hear it?

Looks like the two threads need to be merged with this being the remaining issue. We have heard it, seen it, almost reinstated it - now we just need the historical certification to just enjoy what could be a regular club feature once again.

It was at the Melville Pub in Stretford after the game. The woman who had it said she was mates with Helen's family and it is the real bell. We were all having a go on it. Said they had it removed from the museum a while back as it was only on loan. I suspect Helen had a few of them though.

Kenny Helen had 2 Bells the one Joe has is the big bell and the one doing the ringing is the smaller bell she used after she became ill and could not lift the big one. I as a member of her family did not know she had given the other to Joe she never told me but i was always under the impression she wanted it in the museum

Make it a permanent fixture please in the South Stand, I got shivers hearing that again.

Ban-jani said:
Make it a permanent fixture please in the South Stand, I got shivers hearing that again.

I was at villa game with my lad and i told him about it and the history, she will live on!!!
BRING ON THE BELL!!!!

It gives me goosebumps!!

Helen the bells grandson said:
Kenny Helen had 2 Bells the one Joe has is the big bell and the one doing the ringing is the smaller bell she used after she became ill and could not lift the big one. I as a member of her family did not know she had given the other to Joe she never told me but i was always under the impression she wanted it in the museum
Have you ever thought about bringin it back to the match as a regular feature ? ...to hear it again each week would make for a great tribute in her memory, it's part of our fabric, we don't need friggin drums, get the Bell back at match !

Welcome to the board btw.

I never used to know what that sound was when i went to Maine Road as a kid and i never asked. Only found out years later reading about it on here.

I didn't notice at the time but watching again, seeing the fans run on the pitch & hearing the bell ring gave me chills. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.