Helen Turner at the 1969 FA Cup Final

City's mascot at the final was the lad who held the job full time for every match for a few years.

I've forgotten his name.

Now that takes me back!

Didn't know that about the 50p piece though.

I watched highlights from the following year's final a little while ago, Chelsea v Leeds. Seems incredbile to see what fouls the players got away with in those days. If those games happened today I think you'd average about 7 or 8 players per side sent off.
Also the pass back to the keeper. Every time it happened I kept thinking 'Don't be a c**t. You can't pass it to your keeper!'

yes gary, that's helen pre-beehive hairdo. the reporter interviewing tony book near the beginning is peter lorenzo who's son matthew lorenzo was a bit of a disaster area for itv and sky.

rassclot said:
yes gary, that's helen pre-beehive hairdo. the reporter interviewing tony book near the beginning is peter lorenzo who's son matthew lorenzo was a bit of a disaster area for itv and sky.

Ah! And the one behind wearing the light coat trying to get his mike in front of Book at the same time is Paul Doherty, son of City's great Peter Doherty, and in later life head of sport at Granada and City programme editor.

Awesome Gary!

I was there, it was my first trip to Wembley of course and my Dad (who was a staunch Red!) took me in his old Ford Pop and we had a wireless on the dashboard with the aerial sticking out of the window all the way, we had stations fading in and out all the way there :-)

We stood way back on the terracing in the 'City' end, rouighly behind the corner flag and we had a great view of Nelly's goal!! We actually stood next to a Leicester fan all game, who shared his food and drinks with me, i cant remember what we ate, but it was Vimto in his flask i think - these were truly brilliant times when you could stand shoulder to shoulder with true fans of the opposite team and the banter was great!

We left Failsworth, where i lived at the time, what seemed to be the middle of the night to get there, although i was only 9 at the time i had been awake all night anyway.

Still remember it like it was yesterday - great times!

Thanks Gary!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.