Helen Turner at the 1969 FA Cup Final

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lovely lady, heart in right place, used to look after lads on A coach during 80s 90s.

But a lot of people will probably be shocked to learn she was in actual fact a Man United fan until mid 1960s.

Out of interest, what caused her to abandon the Red Satan in favour of the Path of Righteousness?

Fat Chance wrote:
'Sniffer Clarke'

And Peter Shilton and Peter Rodrigues, Southampton 1-0 Man United fame.

And not forgetting David Nish.....good fullback.

Dyed Petya said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lovely lady, heart in right place, used to look after lads on A coach during 80s 90s.

But a lot of people will probably be shocked to learn she was in actual fact a Man United fan until mid 1960s.

Out of interest, what caused her to abandon the Red Satan in favour of the Path of Righteousness?

Word is they barred the bell....don't know how much truth is in it.

Fat Chance said:
Fat Chance wrote:
'Sniffer Clarke'

Managed by Frank O'Farrell, who later went to the Swamp.

Fat Chance said:
Fat Chance wrote:
'Sniffer Clarke'

Andy Lochhead with the bald head.....happy days

urmston said:
City's mascot at the final was the lad who held the job full time for every match for a few years.

I've forgotten his name.
I think his name was Paul Todd he use to run 3 laps of the pitch before kick off for luck.

bridgeblue said:
urmston said:
City's mascot at the final was the lad who held the job full time for every match for a few years.

I've forgotten his name.
I think his name was Paul Todd he use to run 3 laps of the pitch before kick off for luck.

It's funny seeing the City mascot in the closest they could get to a replica kit but not quite the real thing. Think it was more likely an AC Milan shirt. My kids always ask me what and when was the first City shirt I had. They can't belive that in those days you didn't get everyone buying the shirt each year. I even remember years later in the old small souvenir shop and they just had a handful of shirts on the shelf because most fans bought scarves, hats, rosettes but not shirts.

Talking of hats there are some dodgy ones in that video. Helen's may have looked impressive but what about the guy in that apology for a cap and the lad who looks like he's got a bonnet on. I was there but can hardly remember it. I just hope to god that my Dad didn't put anything like that on me.

Thanks for posting this Gary. Brilliant to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.