Helen's Bell

Im in sl2 upper 216 and as soon as i heard it I was fucking delighted..my lad asked what is meant so i just explained the history of helen and the bell.
She was in charge of my coach on my first ever away game.Top memories of another blue

Thought I was imagining things when I heard this on Wednesday night.

Used to sit in the North Stand directly behind Big Helen, but 15 rows up, behind the goal. Lots of water passed under the bridge since then but a sound that's inextricably linked to City's history, instantly memorable to those of us who were around at the time and sent a tingle down my spine.

Not read all the thread but nice one whoever it was. Hope it's ringing a lot at full time tomorrow!

bluebloodmcfc said:
Great to hear it!
I turned round to my dad and said Helen's watching over us :)
I remember her giving Joe a thistle flower every match too

I was once told that it was a bunch of Heather that Helen gave Joe @ each game? Any advances?
I too heard the ringing @ the Villa match!

Ducado said:
It would be nice if the whole ground went quiet and then the bell, it would send shivers down my spine
Wouldn't be too difficult for the club to have a bell played out over the sound system as we take to the pitch. Maybe not not now as its probably too late, but certainly in the future.

I'm sure a stewart tried taking it away from a woman (don't know if she was a bluebell or just someone with a penchant for massive schoolyard bells) at Wembley this year- there were lots of objections because it was considered a dangerous weapon! Only against the mackems in our block when they cheered anyway...

keeeno said:
I'm sure a Stewart tried taking it away from a woman (don't know if she was a bluebell or just someone with a penchant for massive schoolyard bells) at Wembley this year- there were lots of objections because it was considered a dangerous weapon! Only against the mackems in our block when they cheered anyway...
The jock bastard.

1st off WHO is RIC, Helens son was called Lance
2nd yes is is Bev Kippax Davis who rung the bell at wembley and on weds and will be tomorrow
3 it was Heather that was given to Big Joe every home and away match ( even went to Scotland to pick it )
4 yes is it the bell
5 Iam Helens grandson Kevin

My dad gave Helen that bell. Remenber i first heared it in 1955 when dad rang it out going to wembley........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.