Help needed to block FC UTD!

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426283_fc-uniteds-new-ground-plans-submitted-to-council" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... to-council</a>
FC United have officially submitted plans for a new 5,000-capacity stadium.
The controversial bid would see a £3.5m stadium built on the Ronald Johnson playing fields in Moston.
Some neighbours living on nearby St Mary’s Road had opposed the move, claiming the stadium would lead to parking chaos. But FC United have now included a park-and-ride scheme to ease their concerns.
Supporters who travel by car would park at sites in north Manchester – including Central Park and local schools - and get a shuttle bus to the ground.
The move comes after the club held meetings to get the opinion of local people. Club bosses also delivered 10,000 leaflets to homes across the area.
FC United general manager Andy Walsh said: "There has been some opposition to the proposal from residents, mostly regarding parking and noise.
"But we have worked hard to address these concerns in our plans and if we get permission to build we will prove to residents that we are determined to be good neighbours. We have also found a lot of support for the development among Moston residents who would welcome the additional community amenities our development would bring."
The £3.5m plan include two youth pitches for Moston Juniors, who currently lease the playing fields from Manchester council, with the opportunity to play major matches in the stadium. There will also be a full-sized artificial pitch, and a medical room managed by club physios which would be open to the public.
The club is negotiating with the Charities Commission for permission to use part of the site which is covered by a charitable covenant.
Joanne Hilton, who is leading opposition to the plans, said: "There is a convenant on that land and it needs to remain green. If FC United come here it will cause chaos with the parking."
There will now be a consultation with residents before planning bosses make a decision – expected in September.
The club is negotiating with the Charities Commission for permission to use part of the site which is covered by a charitable covenant.
You can't say they aren't using every trick in the book.
if we get permission to build we will prove to residents that we are determined to be good neighbours
I'd sooner have Damocles as a neighbour than this mob.

bluemanc said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426283_fc-uniteds-new-ground-plans-submitted-to-council
FC United have officially submitted plans for a new 5,000-capacity stadium.
The controversial bid would see a £3.5m stadium built on the Ronald Johnson playing fields in Moston.
Some neighbours living on nearby St Mary’s Road had opposed the move claiming the stadium would lead to parking chaos. But FC United have now included a park-and-ride scheme to ease their concerns.
Supporters who travel by car would park at sites in north Manchester – including Central Park and local schools - and get a shuttle bus to the ground.
The move comes after the club held meetings to get the opinion of local people. Club bosses also delivered 10,000 leaflets to homes across the area.
FC United general manager Andy Walsh said: "There has been some opposition to the proposal from residents, mostly regarding parking and noise.
"But we have worked hard to address these concerns in our plans and if we get permission to build we will prove to residents that we are determined to be good neighbours. We have also found a lot of support for the development among Moston residents who would welcome the additional community amenities our development would bring."
The £3.5m plan include two youth pitches for Moston Juniors, who currently lease the playing fields from Manchester council, with the opportunity to play major matches in the stadium. There will also be a full-sized artificial pitch, and a medical room managed by club physios which would be open to the public.
Joanne Hilton, who is leading opposition to the plans, said: "There is a convenant on that land and it needs to remain green. If FC United come here it will cause chaos with the parking."
There will now be a consultation with residents before planning bosses make a decision – expected in September.
You can't say they aren't using every trick in the book.
if we get permission to build we will prove to residents that we are determined to be good neighbours
I'd sooner have Damocles as a neighbour than this mob.

Harsh!

Some neighbours living on nearby St Mary’s Road had opposed the move

But FC United have now included a park-and-ride scheme to ease their concerns.

We have also found a lot of support for the development among Moston residents

Only some? Only on St Mary's Rd? Nice job the MEN has done on playing down the objections and giving Walsh a platform, I doubt that Ms Hilton confined herself to one very short sentence in rebuttal.

Make no mistake, this is a private members club, all the talk of community is mere window dressing.

Big Ernst said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
politico said:
step back a minute folks -fc are trying to build in Moston because Etihad City deemed ten acres too close-they were determined the local residents should not benefit from their redevelopment and a football ground with the word United in the name. FC had promised to meet the financial shortfall -but were told we were not welcome at TAL -Mr cook with Mr Lees made sure our hard work and significant expense was for nothing.

So now we are at Moston -and surprise surprise City fans don't want us there-time will tell how the planning process goes-but FC are now firmly established and can bring significant benefits to the community in which we finally set up home-wherever that may be

So chill-you should all settle for the yenom pouring into your coffers and enjoy the ride.

Yes I am a City fan - but you are wrong to say ''surprise surprise City fans don't want us'' - in fact, that is just too nice and cosy (and convenient) for FCUM fans to throw back ratherthan see the real issues at heart here.
Many local residents are completely against this proposal and you can dismiss them all as simply being City fans at your peril.
I have NO issue with FC United being in Moston (or anywhere in the area) as long as it is not on green land - especially one that was given to the people of Moston / Manchester as a gift and has a covenant on it. End of.
FCUM in Moston? - yes
FCUM in Moston on Ronald Johnson Playing Fields? No.

It is also quite patronising to state that whatever area FCUM settle in, you will bring ''significant benefits'' to that community..... as if all communities are lying dormant waiting for FCUM to ''rescue'' them from financial / social oblivion. It is for the community that FCUM move into to decide what is good for them, rather than FCUM stating that to the community in advance. Please understand that.

From what I understand, Moston Juniors have been looking for alternative venues for their 11 a side teams (who currently use the pitches) to play on. They have requested Boggart Hole Clough or Our Lady's Sport College in Blackley and have asked MCC to 'throw their weight in' - as these facilities are currently being used by other Junior Teams.

Therefore it appears that this is paving the way for FCUM to start building.

This has caused a real stink within the club forcing a couple of senior members of management within the club to resign....

MES - What's the latest from a residents stand point, Joanne's son plays for my Under 8's team???

From my point of view, this appears sewn up (between the corrupt MCC and FCUM) and is only a matter of time before this gets approval.

Big Ernst, do not want to detail on an open forum about what the residents group are up to, so as not to show our hand as the planning permission has gone in now. We have been taking advice from all sorts of relevant sources (again not mentioning them to alert ''the other side'' ;)
It may appear to be sewn up...... but isn't that what Oldham Council and Oldham Athletic also presumed :)

what an horrible bunch the fans of Pretend Manyoo are! having experienced them singing songs about City, Chelsea etc when they were playing Ashton United and Hyde made me sick, then they threatened an old guy who was wearing a City cap. scum!!

Some neighbours living on nearby St Mary’s Road had opposed the move, claiming the stadium would lead to parking chaos. But FC United have now included a park-and-ride scheme to ease their concerns.

I take it this will be compulsary? No? Ok, so an entirely useless service that no-one intending to drive in the first place will ever use.

......and if we don't, fuck em, we've already got the stadium at that point.

Matty said:

I take it this will be compulsary? No? Ok, so an entirely useless service that no-one intending to drive in the first place will ever use.

Invented, biased lying rubbish; why do you even bother??!
Just think of all the traffic issues that Manchester will face when the Sheik starts to build your "get around the FIFA fair play rules" project across Eastlands .....oh but I suppose that will be different, won't it?

AndyFcum said:
Matty said:

Just think of all the traffic issues that Manchester will face when the Sheik starts to build your "get around the FIFA fair play rules" project across Eastlands .....oh but I suppose that will be different, won't it?

Andy, the Sheik has always been concerned about the traffic issues around Eastlands...... why do you think FCUM are no longer at Ten Acres Lane ;)

AndyFcum said:
Matty said:

its eufa's ffp rules you thick splitter

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Andy, the Sheik has always been concerned about the traffic issues around Eastlands...... why do you think FCUM are no longer at Ten Acres Lane ;)

No answer on the traffic then? We already know about the TAL rumour; money talks eh? Remember this? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363981/CHARLES-SALE-FC-United-rebels-smell-rat-Manchester-City-stadium-deal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -deal.html</a>

-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 am --

blue dallas said:
its eufa's ffp rules

Easy mistake as we don't need "financial fair play" rules in non-league. But I stand corrected.

AndyFcum said:
No answer on the traffic then? We already know about the TAL rumour; money talks eh? Remember this? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363981/CHARLES-SALE-FC-United-rebels-smell-rat-Manchester-City-stadium-deal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -deal.html</a>

Go and cry on ragcafe. Your bleating won't garner any sympathies on this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.