Help please re a laptop

Eccles Blue

I bought an ASUS laptop in late February and a week ago it started to lose its charge and closing down unexpectedly.
I contacted ASUS and they’ve arranged for it to be collected.my dilemma is that although I’ve saved my files to the cloud I am not sure whether to leave the laptop with the Office software on there when it goes for ‘repair’. Do I leave as is or what?

As an aside they sent me an email with some suggestions as to how to hopefully fix it. It consisted of THIRTY FIVE pages! I would have needed a Degree in Computer Science to understand most of it! My Diploma in Advanced Studies in Educational Computing from 25 years ago wouldn’t have helped. :-)

I bought an ASUS laptop in late February and a week ago it started to lose its charge and closing down unexpectedly.
I contacted ASUS and they’ve arranged for it to be collected.my dilemma is that although I’ve saved my files to the cloud I am not sure whether to leave the laptop with the Office software on there when it goes for ‘repair’. Do I leave as is or what?

As an aside they sent me an email with some suggestions as to how to hopefully fix it. It consisted of THIRTY FIVE pages! I would have needed a Degree in Computer Science to understand most of it! My Diploma in Advanced Studies in Educational Computing from 25 years ago wouldn’t have helped. :-)
laptop_attack.gif

When she's grinding don't whack your cock out and sploodge on her ass.
They hate that.

Reactions: mat
I reckon you need to save all your documents and anything personal like photos etc. Personally, I would remove any financial stuff, passwords etc. as well.

If there is a faulty component, they might just replace it, but it is more likely that they will perform a factory reset to the computer, which will remove all your work and files. If they can't find a faulty component, you will get a new or refurbished model anyway, and you will need to put back your own software and data.

Back important stuff up, leave software as is, no need to go back to factory settings. It is either legit faulty or you have some virus like a bitcoin miner that is sucking the battery dry quick due to 100% cpu usage 24/7

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.