Hey Jude

Maybe it's out of bitterness ?

My experience, but on the whole, a scouser seems more welcome in Manchester, than a Mancunian is in Liverpool, certainly 10 years ago at least.
I would agree with that although in fairness, although personally Everton of the two have always seemed worse, never been to a City Tranmere game!

Their Virgil Van Dyke song is based on "Dirty Old Town" , originally sung by Ewan MacColl about Salford..

It’s a great match song, but like many of the songs that most people know it’s rarely sung during a match. Some a more obsessed with still singing about Dzeko

(It’s good to finally have a moan about that again)

For me, the best MCFC chant that can make hairs stand up and can be truly powerful is the old Viking Call which has become bastardised over the years to become known as 'the best team in the land and all the world'. It's uniquely City. Adopted by City fans first (and still only?) and when it was initially adopted in the 70s there were no words other than 'City'. I remember being both in the Kippax and on away terracing in the 80s when someone would start it off by holding the C for ages (which we'd all join in with) before it eventually breaks into the 'ity'. At its best the noise and power of that would shut opposition fans up completely. Since the late 90s the emphasis has gradually switched to the added 'best team in the land.....' part of it, but I'd love us to return to doing the chant as it used to be. It's raw, powerful and uniquely City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.