Hey YOU! why are you a city fan?

All family born around Maine Rd somehow the fools were all Rags. Mam used to drive me around Moss Side to show me my roots. Maine Rd gripped me straight away. First game we lost to Derby and I saw nothing cause of restricted view in J block. Next game Kippax top left. Still sends shivers down my spine. Just converted nephew from Rag to Blue, only took him to Eastlands shop, he left with Robbie shirt. Happy days another successful exorcism. CTID

Both set of grandparents blue,
Parents Blue,
My primary School would get Tickets for some matches (late 70s),
Dad bought me season ticket as a kid, (to enforce my education of the ways of the city).
Went to OT with the school once to watch Eng U21, My dad made me strip off in the porch afterwards not to contaminate the house, Enough said.

I became a City fan when I met my wife (Kerry Anne on here) about 5 years ago when Keegan was still manager... in fact that was the first time I got really exposed to English football in general as my wife (my girlfriend back then) was very adamant about watching Match of the Day on Saturday's so I watched it with her.

Being German, I used to watch the Bundesliga but wasn't really following any particular team apart from maybe the two teams from Munich (TSV and Bayern, preferred TSV though) due to my family originating from Munich.

Since she was a blue ever since she was born it didn't take long before I contracted the "blue fever" and I have been an avid City fan ever since.

Other City fans I know (at work for example) always ask me why on earth I chose to become a City fan, when I could have just as easily started supporting Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Liverpool like a lot of foreigners do... well I guess I always liked the Underdog more so there we go.

CTID

I used to live down south a fair few years ago. Back then I wasn't much of a football fan at all, then it grew on me as I got older, my mate at the time, was a rag (Suprise, suprise) and as started to get into football I kinda started to like the rags (I'm sorry). That same year me and my Mum went away for a holiday in spain, the last few days my Mum met this fella (My step Dad now) and he was a City fan, born and bred living in Manchester.

My Mum starting seeing this lad and we frequently visited Manchester, and he was taking me to City matches. A year later we moved up, and since then I have supported City and never regretted it. Back then I was 11 I am now 17 :0)

I hope I don't offend anyone by my formerish ragness.

xx

Didn't have a choice. Never felt like I had a choice. I was a rag, though, until I was six or older than six, even.

Dads a Bolton fan and he took me down to Burnden Park, his mate had a league book ticket for both City & Utd in the mid seventies. So I went to all three grounds on a regular basis.
I chose City. It just felt right.

CTID

For the first 10 years of my life, I'd never even watched a football match. Family told me I should support latics because "we're wigan." But I like to be awkward ;)

Daddy introduced me to Manchester City and that was that. Blue for life.

My Dad was born in Ordsall , could see the swamp from his bedroom, all his mates were rags but he was different , used to watch them both as they did back in the day but city always felt right to him. He's into Country and Western music and man city. He used to take me to the odd game that he knew we'd win,, first 2 games were WHU 4-0 (Mervyn Days debut) and Newcastle 5-1, was 15 games before I saw them get beat!
I was born a blue , I had no choice and I should thank him every day for it.
My sister and her hubby split up and my nephew was soon turned blue , he's a huge blue now. I have a 9 year old who posesses every kit we have made this season. I'm doing my bit with the next generation ARE YOU??????

my dad used to take me to watch the "greatest player on earth" when i was around six years old. He, of course, was colin bell. sadly to admit, i was more interested in reading batman comics on a saturday afternoon than i was in watching football at the time. though i never religiously attended games like my dad and brother, i always had an eye on city throughout the subsequent years.
it was while watching City away against QPR standing next to my dad and brother that i got a strong rush of nostalgia of being young again, next to my dad watching city all those years ago; of the passion, the fans, everything. i realised then that city was not just a football club, it was my family and was always so; and will always be.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.