Hi Fi

As soon as I saw this thread I thought immediately of this Not The Nine O' Clock news sketch. Very funny in it's day.
It had a lot of promise that idea but they didn't make the most of it, and it sort of fizzled out with a poor ending.

I have got a mine Technics HIFI with 50watt speakers, that does for the living room for music. I have just ordered a Sony surround sound blu-ray player from ebay after buying a rand new set of speakers for a fiver off facebook marketplace, total system cost £33.

Naim xs amp and cd player, Brennan ripper, Marantz Tt turntable and a constant shifting of floorstanding and Tower speakers. Tannoy Signuture 6with a sub. Loud and fun. Not the most clinical but makes me dance.

Pro-Ject debut carbon with various cartridges depending on the mood...ortofon red/ blue and black.
Marantz tapedeck sd45 II
Marantz PM8006 amp
Marantz ND 8006 cd
Sonos port for when I want to listen to anything in other rooms (we have sonos speakers in all the downstairs rooms)
B&W 683 s2 floor speakers.
B&W 706 s2 bookshelf speakers.

This powers the 2 x external drives (2TB each) attached to my PC that houses my MP3 collection. Add in the 2500 odd 12" and albums on vinyl plus around 200 cd's (got rid of a load a few years ago, not really needed now) and 400 odd tapes then I can listen to what i want when I want...be it streamed/ stored or done properly with the vinyl.

Last edited:
Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 integrated amp and power supply.
Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 CD player.
Musical Fidelity XLPS phono amp.
Clearaudio Performance deck.
B&W PM1s and stands.
Lehmann Blackcube Linear headphone amp.
Sennheisser HD800s.

Lots of old vinyl - very much under used right now.

Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 integrated amp and power supply.
Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 CD player.
Musical Fidelity XLPS phono amp.
Clearaudio Performance deck.
B&W PM1s and stands.
Lehmann Blackcube Linear headphone amp.
Sennheisser HD800s.

Lots of old vinyl - very much under used right now.

How do you get on with the PM1's styling mate? It's what put me off them.

Its all too beautiful!

dUy2c6C.gif

How do you get on with the PM1's styling mate? It's what put me off them.
In the size of room I have they are stunning. They need the stands though. I had them on bookshelfs for a year or two then bought the stands - like a totally different speaker. Like everything I suppose, it's about individual tastes. I did want to go with the 805 diamond but the PM1s done the job for me. My listening is mainly early 80s, Kraftwerk, JD, NO, Velvet Underground and a little of Radiohead...... oh, and Back in Black and a bit of Pink Floyd. I'm old.

The wife likes the look of them though..... that's half the battle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.