Higuain to Arsenal?

Mad 4 It said:
Petetheblu said:
City won't go for Higuain whilst Cavani is still on the table, buying Higuain off the team who is also after Cavani would be silly. If City had washed their hands of Edinson then I could see it happening, but, and this is a big but (easy Bigga), will he still be available once Cavani has gone elsewhere and if we've got into a fight with Madrid and raised the price of Edinson will they be happy to sell to us without trying to push up the fees.

I think cavani is our main objective here and patience is the main ingredient.

Wow I did a sensible post mum....

Higuain for me is less of a risk, with Cavani you build a team around him which we ain't gonna do. Plus I don't agree with his valuation. I just get the feeling he wouldn't be a prolific with city.

To be honest, aren't we already building a different team/setup from last season?

allan harper said:
Mad 4 It said:
Petetheblu said:
City won't go for Higuain whilst Cavani is still on the table, buying Higuain off the team who is also after Cavani would be silly. If City had washed their hands of Edinson then I could see it happening, but, and this is a big but (easy Bigga), will he still be available once Cavani has gone elsewhere and if we've got into a fight with Madrid and raised the price of Edinson will they be happy to sell to us without trying to push up the fees.

Higuain for me is less of a risk, with Cavani you build a team around him which we ain't gonna do. Plus I don't agree with his valuation. I just get the feeling he wouldn't be a prolific with city.

To be honest, aren't we already building a different team/setup from last season?

Yeah, but the only difference will be the pace at which the ball moves forward (well that's my take on it). Napoli play counter attacking football with wingers, I think we will be moving more towards the Barca style. Higuain for me is more suited to this. But I could be wrong :)

Mad 4 It said:
Petetheblu said:

Although I agree about Cavani's price and value for money, I wouldn't build a team around any player, formation yes, but that player gets injured and bang you're shagged. The only thing that worries me (and its only what I've heard on here) is Higuain is a bit of an injury risk, but I'm not sure on that one and no doubt someone will threaten me with capital letters and graph to prove my point wrong...

Petetheblu said:
Mad 4 It said:
Petetheblu said:

Although I agree about Cavani's price and value for money, I wouldn't build a team around any player, formation yes, but that player gets injured and bang you're shagged. The only thing that worries me (and its only what I've heard on here) is Higuain is a bit of an injury risk, but I'm not sure on that one and no doubt someone will threaten me with capital letters and graph to prove my point wrong...

Lol

Still would love this signing. Think it would be a great signing for man city and mp.
He knows how to aguero, and both will be motivated this year.
Stealing him from le arse would just be the icing. To hell with real getting cavani, taking this one from the gunners after years of over pricing us and getting a quality striker makes this a win win

At less than half the quoted price of Cavani, is Cavani twice the player that Higuain is? I think not.

This growing trend of players signing improved contracts & inserting huge buyout clauses is another thing that pisses me off. Cavani agreed to this, & now wants to complain that ADL wants an unrealistic fee for him!

It's greedy selling clubs who have started the inflationary madness that is killing the game, clubs desperate to sit at the top table (Man City) have had no choice but to comply or go for a long-term strategy of finding & nuturing young fresh talent instead of taking the short-term route by buying the finish product.

Hopefully we've now arrived at a situation whereby its not how much a player is valued by the selling club that dictates our transfer spend, its how much the player is worth to us. If its true that Cavani's buyout clause ceases to be in effect on August 10th, then fine lets negotiate on that basis with ADL, but if he's still showing signs of fucking us around, let's fuck him off now & challenge Arsenal for Higuain instead. I don't think you'll find many fans complaining about that.

Is there a reason that this deal seems to have gone quiet? I for one would love to see us hijack this deal. For one reason or another it doesn't look like Cavanni is coming and for the prices being banded about you can understand why.

I think Higuin would team up well with Aguero.

He has many attributes that Tevez has, according to reports from RM fans puts in 100% and grafts for the team. It seems Cavani is not wanted by Pellegrini it may be neither is this player for me you can't go wrong with Argies, they work their socks off and if you get a good quota of goals on top that is a bonus, the price seems right. IMO the reason he let Tevez go (apart from the fiscal side) is maybe the grafters aren't needed in this new exciting era of football we have been promised. Only guessing.

Dribble said:
It's greedy selling clubs who have started the inflationary madness that is killing the game, clubs desperate to sit at the top table (Man City) have had no choice but to comply or go for a long-term strategy of finding & nuturing young fresh talent instead of taking the short-term route by buying the finish product.

Do you really believe that? I have posted on many different football forums in my time and that is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever read. Dribble is an appropriate username indeed.

Apparently an Arsenal delegation left Madrid without his signature, and there is talk that Wenger may now be seeking a cheaper alternative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.