Hiking thread

so did we. :)
Hedrick-Pond-pano_Adams.jpg
Haha, walked over those from both directions, several times

Haha, walked over those from both directions, several times
Very admirable indeed. We wandered around little trails from parking lots.
We thought about hiking the peaks in the Tram,
but there were too many stairs up to it.

I'm a keen hillwalker and I've been working through my munros. At around the 50 mark.

If you ever plan on coming up to Scotland (meet quite alot of walkers that travel up each w/e from as far as London) you can use www.walkhighlands.co.uk to plan your routes etc.

My personal favourite would be the Glen Etive Valley just off of the famous Glen Coe. Its actually where the famous scene of Bond and M as they stop the car in Skyfall was set.
Sadly we had to cancel our Munro trip this year. Walkhighlands is a really useful site for planning trips north of the border and the folk on there are very helpful with route or kit questions - they are in the main also very polite! 2021 will probably see us have a second stab at the Southern Upland Way...

I'm a keen hillwalker and I've been working through my munros. At around the 50 mark.

If you ever plan on coming up to Scotland (meet quite alot of walkers that travel up each w/e from as far as London) you can use www.walkhighlands.co.uk to plan your routes etc.

My personal favourite would be the Glen Etive Valley just off of the famous Glen Coe. Its actually where the famous scene of Bond and M as they stop the car in Skyfall was set.
Glen Coe is also where bits of Monty Python The Holy Grail was filmed.

The Aonach Eagach ridge is well worth a punt in Glen Coe. I've done it in winter and summer. Winter is a different challenge altogether.

I've also done Ben Nevis on New Years Day (with a hangover) from Glen Nevis (about 10 years ago now) via Carn Mor Dearg Arete. Waist deep in snow for most of the way, clag all the way. It cleared about 200m from the summit and we had spectacular views right down the valley.

Wifey was off work last week and az I'm furloughed and our Greece holiday had been cancelled we did some walking in the Derbyshire Dales, North Wales Coast and the Sandstone trail in Cheshire
The views on the sandstone were fabulous and where we started from was only 25 minutes up the road

The Sanstone is around 35 miles in total and in one go takes about 12 hours

Did you do the full Sandstone Trial in a day?
I did that about 15 years ago, but last month went back and did it in two halves over two successive weekends, and that was more than sufficient now, and I felt suitably sore afterwards! Agree with you on the timings, each half about 6 hours. Recommend it, though the Delamere Forest section was busy.

Did you do the full Sandstone Trial in a day?
I did that about 15 years ago, but last month went back and did it in two halves over two successive weekends, and that was more than sufficient now, and I felt suitably sore afterwards! Agree with you on the timings, each half about 6 hours. Recommend it, though the Delamere Forest section was busy.

No, I haven't done it all, just different bits on different days
I'd like a go at doing it in a day, but wifey would struggle. She can keep up on a 10/12 miler, 30 odd in one go would be too much

I’ve just walked from Pendle Hill to robin hoods bay for a mate who sadly died from cancer last year. Pretty much covered the Yorkshire dales and North Yorkshire moors on it. I can highly recommend hiking in either of those places plus the Pendle 3 peaks or Yorkshire 3 peaks is also a good challenge. My lad did it aged 11 so isn’t too difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.