Hiking thread

Doing that tomorrow, I’ve done it as part of Yorkshire 3 peaks before but other half hasn’t.
A good one is from Wasdale Head over the top into Eskdale and back good pub at each end helps, we’ll 3 on the Eskdale side, few different routes you can take, a good map is your friend, know up there like the back of my hand so pm me if you want anything more detailed

Hiked through a rain forest today, Springbrook national Park, Queensland. Beautiful.
Love those Liarbirds, they make incredible songs that imitate all kinds of things. Sound really travels through the forest.

any suggestions localish to Cheadle 3-7 miles for someone who gets lost crossing the road?

I also used furlough time to get out and walk, managed about 400km over 2 months, mostly around the reservoirs and hills on woodhead pass. If you park up near the tunnels at the end of the woodhead reservoir, you can walk up to the top of the moors, and make it over to Bleaklow (easier route if you park up on Snakes Pass) to see the wreckage of the B-29 Superfortress, and the views from Higher Shelf Stones are pretty good! Also near the tunnels at Woodhead, there are a few cloughs that take some scrambling over rocks, but some hidden waterfalls can be found, and its a lot of fun. Similar can be found a few km's from the car park at Crowden, I did almost break my leg though, but fortunately had enough mobility to make my way out, otherwise a helicopter rescue would have been the only way out!

We did a 5 mile round circuit in a place called Barley at the foot of Pendle Hill today.
beautiful scenery, a pleasant walk then a few pints and lunch at the Pendle Inn to finish.

Attachments

• 48DD8A2B-A549-416D-A36D-5D79A0DBD1AA.jpeg
    48DD8A2B-A549-416D-A36D-5D79A0DBD1AA.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 11
Blencathra via Sharp Edge, great fun on a wet and windy day.
Attempted Sharp Edge last week but bottled it, no head for heights. Ended up taking alternative route to the left left to the top, which was a lung buster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.