Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

This happened 2 years before i born
Obviously my dad told me about hillsbrough and id read it in the papers etc..
But watching that programme shocked me. Knowing how the police covered it up is awful.
Maybe the liverpool fans were to blame to a certain extent. But to shift all blame onto them is a disgrace.
I dont know how they manage to sleep at night knowing that they played a part in a awful event like this!
I seriously hope justice is served and the police etc all involved in the cover up are charged.
Justice for the 96.
Xx
P.s this is MY opinion (which is seemed frowned upon on this forum by certain members!)

shackattack said:
amazing how the sun or police force never had any pictures to back these comments up. especially with all the cameramen that were inside the stadium. will never forget the images of the faces and bodies crushed up against the fences. how some of those police and government officials sleep at night is beyond me.

My thoughts exactly. Also why did it take until 5 days later for these allegations to come to light?
Incredible that even in tonight's programme their was an inference that it was right to carry that article.

Interview Narrative : According to the Police Federation today, their role in spreading those stories was understandable.

Steve Evans (S.E.), Police Federation:
"I think what the (Police) Federation Rep did was report what was told to him in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy. A lot of the people there will have seen and heard bad things and report them, either exaggerated over exaggerated, whatever it may be and it becomes their truth".

Interviewer: "Is that reasonable"?

S.E.
"It may have been reasonable at the time, whether it's reasonable looking back over a distance of time is a different story".

It wasn't reasonable then and it isn't reasonable now.

There was more of the same whitewash bullshit from Geoffrey Dear, West Mids Chief Constable responsible for the internal investigation. Or to give him his full title, Lord Dear after being made Baron Dear of Willesby in 2006. The same year that Norman Bettison was awarded his knighthood.

Lord Dear (LD) on the question of whether the investigation of South Yorks police by his West Mids force was thorough enough:

...and not to expect what is now being suggested, that there was a huge, erm, if not conspiracy, certainly an attempt to move the whole evidence away from South Yorks (Police) and load it on to the fans

Interviewer: But the point is, shouldn't a police officer worth his salt investigating another police force have found out what was going on?

LD:
Well I think you're looking at it with the wisdom of 20/20 hindsight aren't you?

I'd have had more respect for him if he'd been honest and said:

"We didn't conduct a thorough investigation, there was a cover up and it was only through the efforts of the victims families that the truth ever came out".

<a class="postlink" href="http://videobam.com/mKXuM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://videobam.com/mKXuM</a>

Uploaded to video streaming host for those interested in recapping.

Blue Punter said:
shackattack said:
amazing how the sun or police force never had any pictures to back these comments up. especially with all the cameramen that were inside the stadium. will never forget the images of the faces and bodies crushed up against the fences. how some of those police and government officials sleep at night is beyond me.

My thoughts exactly. Also why did it take until 5 days later for these allegations to come to light?
Incredible that even in tonight's programme their was an inference that it was right to carry that article.

Interview Narrative : According to the Police Federation today, their role in spreading those stories was understandable.

Steve Evans (S.E.), Police Federation:
"I think what the (Police) Federation Rep did was report what was told to him in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy. A lot of the people there will have seen and heard bad things and report them, either exaggerated over exaggerated, whatever it may be and it becomes their truth".

Interviewer: "Is that reasonable"?

S.E.
"It may have been reasonable at the time, whether it's reasonable looking back over a distance of time is a different story".

It wasn't reasonable then and it isn't reasonable now.

There was more of the same whitewash bullshit from Geoffrey Dear, West Mids Chief Constable responsible for the internal investigation. Or to give him his full title, Lord Dear after being made Baron Dear of Willesby in 2006. The same year that Norman Bettison was awarded his knighthood.

Lord Dear (LD) on the question of whether the investigation of South Yorks police by his West Mids force was thorough enough:

...and not to expect what is now being suggested, that there was a huge, erm, if not conspiracy, certainly an attempt to move the whole evidence away from South Yorks (Police) and load it on to the fans

Interviewer: But the point is, shouldn't a police officer worth his salt investigating another police force have found out what was going on?

LD:
Well I think you're looking at it with the wisdom of 20/20 hindsight aren't you?

I'd have had more respect for him if he'd been honest and said:

"We didn't conduct a thorough investigation, there was a cover up and it was only through the efforts of the victims families that the truth ever came out".

The same time as the West Mids police force (the worst police force in the land in terms of dealing with football fans in the 80's) were carrying out an investigation into Hillsborough, the South Yorks police were carrying out an investigation into the disbanded West Mids serious crime squad.......

you couldn't make it up (although the police clearly had no issue in doing so....)

Re: Hillsborough: How They Buried The Truth

Gripping stuff. You have to admire the tenacity of the families that lost their loved ones for sticking at it for a quarter of a century.

The supporters that were there knew the truth, the friends and families of those that were there knew the truth, the state tried to shut them up, and in the end, thankfully, the truth came out.

It's not quite the end of the story, as not a single one of those bastards that perverted the course of justice will probably ever face criminal proceedings, but at least we now know what happened.

Justice for the 96.

What was it that hillsborough family's were celebrating last year?
It seems to be on the TV a lot more again, has something changed because I thought the family's got what they wanted and the case was over last year?
This is in no way a moan or anything like that, I'm just genuinely wondering and not 100% on all the details.

CTID1988 said:
It seems to be on the TV a lot more again, has something changed because I thought the family's got what they wanted and the case was over last year?
This is in no way a moan or anything like that, I'm just genuinely wondering and not 100% on all the details.

In December 2012 the High Court quashed the original inquest verdicts, and Home Secretary Teresa May ordered a fresh police inquiry into the disaster.
Still unlikely that anyone will be prosecuted though.

This stinks to high heaven. The families of the 96 did everything by the book and were just fucking ignored. Now the truth is out but for them it was always out. The system supports the system. Fuck the system.

CTID1988 said:

They were celebrating the quashing of the inquests accidental death verdict. They are now hoping for an unlawful killing verdict. Investigations have resumed.

What surpises me is that people are surprised about the whole stinking
establishment lying and smearing to protect their self serving selfs

The police,judiciary,goverment,coroner,press...all cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.