Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

Re: Hillsborough: How They Buried The Truth

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Gripping stuff. You have to admire the tenacity of the families that lost their loved ones for sticking at it for a quarter of a century.

The supporters that were there knew the truth, the friends and families of those that were there knew the truth, the state tried to shut them up, and in the end, thankfully, the truth came out.

It's not quite the end of the story, as not a single one of those bastards that perverted the course of justice will probably ever face criminal proceedings, but at least we now know what happened.

Justice for the 96.

Got Maggie Thatcher's grubby fingers all over this..........

Justice will never come for these poor families unfortunately.

As soon as the finger is pointed at certain individuals, they are allowed to "retire on health" grounds, safe in the knowledge that they are safe from prosecution and will live out their days with money in the bank.

Fucking disgrace but should something similar happen tomorrow, the same judiciary, government of the day and police force would do the exact same thing again.

blueinsa said:

As soon as the finger is pointed at certain individuals, they are allowed to "retire on health" grounds, safe in the knowledge that they are safe from prosecution and will live out their days with money in the bank.

Fucking disgrace but should something similar happen tomorrow, the same judiciary, government of the day and police force would do the exact same thing again.

i'm just gobsmacked you can retire and hide in immunity wavering any legal rights to be prosecuted for your actions, the above poster is correct 'it stinks of thatcher' if this or any other government finds that there in a spot of bother they simply shift the goal posts, fucking disgrace imo

marco said:
blueinsa said:

i'm just gobsmacked you can retire and hide in immunity wavering any legal rights to be prosecuted for your actions, the above poster is correct 'it stinks of thatcher' if this or any other government finds that there in a spot of bother they simply shift the goal posts, fucking disgrace imo

Last night showed that a cover up instigated under Thatcher, was then allowed to carry on under Blair and Straw.

Blair could and should have ripped the Thatcher government apart for what they did yet he chose to do nothing and worse still, he chose to carry on with the cover up.

blueinsa said:
marco said:
blueinsa said:

Last night showed that a cover up instigated under Thatcher, was then allowed to carry on under Blair and Straw.

Blair could and should have ripped the Thatcher government apart for what they did yet he chose to do nothing and worse still, he chose to carry on with the cover up.

blair was a tory toff in hock to murdoch, who backed the cover-up with his poisonous papers. Straw is a despicable twat who is just as guilty. You can still be prosecuted when you retire, but wont lose pensions and perks. The crown prosecution service however is rock solid establishment, hiding behind 'public interest' bullshit whenever their mates are threatened. Goes on all the time

My son who wasn't born at the time watched this programme as I did and he asked two questions. Why did all those people go without tickets and why didn't they get there earlier! Oh the naivety of youth.........

Watched this in horror this morning. Made me feel ashamed to be an employee of the police.
What got me is the fact it could have been anyone of us that day. I remember it.walking up the hill from Ewood park having just watched City lose 4-0.
My mum rang me and asked if I was ok. I said yeah why...The rest as they say is history.

The government,senior police officers should hang their heads in shame.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Watched this in horror this morning. Made me feel ashamed to be an employee of the police.
What got me is the fact it could have been anyone of us that day. I remember it.walking up the hill from Ewood park having just watched City lose 4-0.
My mum rang me and asked if I was ok. I said yeah why...The rest as they say is history.

You had a phone in 1989? I remember being on the terrace down the side at Ewood Park and hearing about the match being postponed from people who had radios with them as was the norm in those days. Everybody immediately thought it was because of fighting, little did we know...... Oh and Moulden should have played that day although we were complete dogshite.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

The government,senior police officers should hang their heads in shame.

Surprised they let you in the ground with one of these fella.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyedge.ie/video-what-mobile-phones-were-like-in-1989-and-8-places-to-use-them-607819-Sep2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailyedge.ie/video-what-mobi ... 9-Sep2012/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.