Hillsborough verdicts reached

Made up for all the families involved. It must have been heartbreaking waiting so long to get some justice.
On a seperate note, you've got to be some kind of special **** to come on this thread and mention Heysel or worse, still try and apportion some blame to the Liverpool fans for what happened at Hillsborough.

Thanks to the overwhelming majority of City fans for their support and for putting rivalries to one side. I'll sign off now.
Just before you do, I wanted to say that I attended Anfield a few days after with some scouse mates. I'll never forget that visit. Today, my wife [who used to stand on the Kop] is in tears and can't even speak to me. I also just emailed an old lawyer colleague from Liverpool who's previous firm acted for some of the the families. A proud day for him. Most of all, a great victory for the families after way too many years of struggle.

As someone else said, back in the 80s, that could have been any of us on the terraces, home or away. Maybe only those of us that have been in one of those crushes truly understands how terrifying and real it all was. It is the duty of the public servants, police or otherwise, to protect to the people. There are no excuses.

“Let justice be done, though the sky may fall.”

#JFT96. CTID.

With the verdict putting the blame solely on the police etc. Does this mean standing is in fact safe if it's policed properly and it can be brought back

My brother (Liverpool fan) was directly involved. He described the events of what happened the next day exactly as has now been confirmed in court today. He lost friends that day - saw them crushed. He had a ticket and was told to climb the wall (given a leg up by a policeman. The only thing that saved his life is he knew the ground and found his way past stewards directing him into the compound (ignoring them) and went into next pen. Had to stand next to Pen three and see people losing consciousness a couple of feet away - screaming at police and stewards to do something. Today it is not just the 96 who got justice. Everyone involved had to live with the slime and scum pointing fingers and judging based on lies. They had enough trauma without that shit. He has never recovered, never been to an away match since and not spoken about it further. He will not seek compensation but does want retribution on the press and police and anyone who chooses to be a denier against all the evidence. His life changed that day - our lives changed that day. RIP 96, time now to think of all the other fans traumatised and tarnished that day.

I sincerely hope they get some of the people responsible for the mass cover up in court and make them fully accountable for their actions.

Just want to apologise for how I came across earlier. I genuinely didn't mean to, and I've sent PMS to Scouse Red and City Kev.

Once again apologies.

Wonder how a certain Mr Mackenzie is feeling today

As much as we've elsewhere ripped the piss out of David Conn for his laughable fawning over FC United, he was straight on to Mackenzie for a comment after the verdict. As you can imagine, he was given short shrift by those utter shitbags, whose Twitter feed is currently leading with a story about women's tights with ready-painted nail varnish.

The Guardian have also been knocking on David Duckenfield's bungalow door, where he's spent a comfortable time following his stress-related retirement from the Police, aged 46.

Meanwhile, Sir Bernard Ingham is unrepentant over this shit:

bernard-ingham-hillsborough-letter.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.