Hillsborough verdicts reached

Just before you do, I wanted to say that I attended Anfield a few days after with some scouse mates. I'll never forget that visit. Today, my wife [who used to stand on the Kop] is in tears and can't even speak to me. I also just emailed an old lawyer colleague from Liverpool who's previous firm acted for some of the the families. A proud day for him. Most of all, a great victory for the families after way too many years of struggle.

As someone else said, back in the 80s, that could have been any of us on the terraces, home or away. Maybe only those of us that have been in one of those crushes truly understands how terrifying and real it all was. It is the duty of the public servants, police or otherwise, to protect to the people. There are no excuses.

“Let justice be done, though the sky may fall.”

#JFT96. CTID.

Thanks mate

As someone else said, back in the 80s, that could have been any of us on the terraces, home or away. Maybe only those of us that have been in one of those crushes truly understands how terrifying and real it all was. It is the duty of the public servants, police or otherwise, to protect to the people. There are no excuses.
Exactly, any supporter of a club that took a large following to Hillsborough in the 70s and 80s will have been aware of the issues at the Leppings Lane end, not just the terracing with no capability for sideways movement between pens but also the severe bottleneck around the turnstiles, largely caused because the authorities didn't allow the turnstiles at the other side of that end to be used for "security" reasons. Hopefully Sheffield Wednesday FC will finally be held to account for their significant part in the disaster,

For me the point should be that even if there was evidence of ticketless fans, people jibbing in, and fans with tickets committing the cardinal sin of turning up not long before kick off because they've been enjoying a drink with their mates, how is that any different to any other fanbase for a game of this magnitude? A mate of mine has jibbed into Wembley 3 times in recent years. How many of us take the advice on our match tickets that says take up your seats 30/45/60 mins before kick-off? Not many for sure!

It's up to the police to maintain order and for that they failed miserably.
This happened for our semi final at Anfield not so long ago......the traffic and an accident made us all late. Outside was mayhem. The police did fuck all but did say we shouldnt have turned up so late.

The Police will never learn.

Exactly, any supporter of a club that took a large following to Hillsborough in the 70s and 80s will have been aware of the issues at the Leppings Lane end, not just the terracing with no capability for sideways movement between pens but also the severe bottleneck around the turnstiles, largely caused because the authorities didn't allow the turnstiles at the other side of that end to be used for "security" reasons. Hopefully Sheffield Wednesday FC will finally be held to account for their significant part in the disaster,

I remember reading a match report in When Saturday Comes a couple of years ago. It had been reproduced in full and was taken from a newspaper printed the day after the FA Cup semi final at Hillsborough. The first 2 or 3 paragraphs described in detail all of the horrible things we have seen on our tv's, people being crushed against fences, being pulled to safety etc. It was only as you got mid way down the page that the teams involved in the actual match were mentioned. And they weren't Liverpool or Forest. It was a report from a game years before so people can't say the warning signs weren't there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.