Hillsborough verdicts reached

I remember reading a match report in When Saturday Comes a couple of years ago. It had been reproduced in full and was taken from a newspaper printed the day after the FA Cup semi final at Hillsborough. The first 2 or 3 paragraphs described in detail all of the horrible things we have seen on our tv's, people being crushed against fences, being pulled to safety etc. It was only as you got mid way down the page that the teams involved in the actual match were mentioned. And they weren't Liverpool or Forest. It was a report from a game years before so people can't say the warning signs weren't there.
Yes it was the 1981 semi between Spurs and Wolves the same day we played Ipswich at Villa Park.

Here's that vid on youtube

The gutter press really are the scum of the earth. They don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do they? I'll bet he's had plenty of his journo's hounding people like this over the years, not so much fun when it's people on your own driveway is it Kelvin?

Listening to fans on the radio, the Judiciary came in for some criticism, can they be held accountable ?

Presumably on the basis of the narrowness of the previous inquests? I recall that one focussed on a very narrow time frame which was subsequently discredited.

Accountable? I doubt it, it's a long time ago, and difficult to prove.

No intention to ridicule, apologies if you thought this was the case.

Interesting day ahead.

No worries. I thought you were thinking maybe I was a sexist.

Today is closure for many supporters who knew the truth. 96 dead and 700 injured. A crying shame.

They were just footie fans with their mates drunk and excited . I have been to away matches drunk and excited . I have even been to games without a ticket had a great time before the game and then nipped in a pub watched it and then met people outside to celebrate. How that can lead to people dying its just wrong. It just reflects society's attitude to football and working class people at that time and a cover up. The Liverpool fans were enjoying a cup semi final at an unfit ground with poor planning and attitudes of the establishment. God bless them.

However a note of caution. A few years ago I went to the Liverpool city semi ( the dodgy Micah penalty). There was a crash on the m62 the game was not postponed to allow city fans to get to ground to kick off. It kicked off. We were then sandwiched and crushed in the little street outside the ground trying to get in. It was awful and scary and the police attitude towards us was disgusting that evening. The vast majority of city fans did not get in until 25 minutes after kick off.

Even now the authorities attitude towards football fans is disgusting here and abroad. It would not happen at Twickers........

I was at that game and the attitude of the mounted police was horrible, my mate was screaming at one female copper on horseback to help us out and she just shrugged her shoulders and told us we should have arrived on time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.