Hillsborough verdicts reached

The crowd control back then was the only thing i hated about travelling to games,being hearded about from the station and back and the agressiveness of the police,it was really scary.I hope the police in this case get done and properly

Justice at last for the 96,and what tremendous work done by those who campaigned and never give up,when the powers that be at the time tried to brush it all under the carpet and cover it all up,will we see anyone brought before the courts and charged over this terrible terrible event in liverpools and football ..

For me the point should be that even if there was evidence of ticketless fans, people jibbing in, and fans with tickets committing the cardinal sin of turning up not long before kick off because they've been enjoying a drink with their mates, how is that any different to any other fanbase for a game of this magnitude? A mate of mine has jibbed into Wembley 3 times in recent years. How many of us take the advice on our match tickets that says take up your seats 30/45/60 mins before kick-off? Not many for sure!

It's up to the police to maintain order and for that they failed miserably.
Very well said, mate.

The ground was unfit for purpose and the police failed miserably in their duty to protect the public. Too often in those days the attitude was that all football fans - not just some - were scum, and could be treated like animals.

God knows I am no great fan of Liverpool FC and its supporters - I visited Anfield back in the days when that was a dangerous mission for an away fan - but I have to admire the way they have stuck at this until something approaching the truth has been established. (We will never have the full truth, only God knows exactly and completely what went wrong.)

We ought to learn from this that the press and the establishment generally are willing to lie like fuck when it suits their agenda, and not be so gullible about the garbage printed every day in newspapers which should correctly be called liepapers.

And we ought to recall that if we had got to that semi-final, it might well have been 96 City fans lying dead because of the gross incompetence of the authorities. And that any of us (if old enough) might have been among them.

I hope the families and friends of the 96 now get some sort of closure, because they have lived with the torment of this quite long enough.

And here we are now - decades on, and the FA still arrange football matches at time which make travel difficult for fans - cup finals at lunch times for north west teams etc.
They seem like small things until there's a disaster and we all look back and say 'you could have foreseen 50,000 fans all coming down the M6 in a rush to make the kickoff times

Yeah I'm glad they got justice too, should have been admitted and people punished for negligence ages ago... the thing is they make out everyone else has blamed them for 27 years. That's not true surely? I tried to make that point to disapproving looks but fell on def ears, we are guilted into feeling bad and paying attention to some things over and over when there's no need(far worse things have happened in that time that haven't nearly received as much attention)... hopefully they all get closure from this and maybe stop bringing it up as much, we don't need any more hour specials or 30minute long specials on 'Granada Tonight' we know they weren't to blame and we know it was tragic to lose loved ones in that way.

Also people keep going on about the police being punished, did some of them actually beat people to death or is it their general negligence again? I only ask because it's being worded in a certain way by some that makes it feel I genuinely might have missed something.

Last edited:
Some right shit for brains on this thread this evening. Trying to exonerate police and attribute blame to fans in a considered and apparently balanced tone. Just shows they know nothing about crowd control and the nature of policing at the time.

To be fair if the police and then government along with some of the disgusting shit wrote by the sun didn't completely shit on the 96 dead then the families maybe wouldn't have needed to bring it up as much, Me personally I say God bless the families tireless efforts in bringing this shameful police, government (Not the current government) hatchet job to an end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.