Hillsborough verdicts reached

I hope this verdict in someway gives the families the closure they are looking for.

If they ruled the fans were unlawfully killed, which i can only assume was the biggest ruling off the 14, then surely that leads to a criminal prosecution. Someone has to be accountable for that.

If they ruled the fans were unlawfully killed, which i can only assume was the biggest ruling off the 14, then surely that leads to a criminal prosecution. Someone has to be accountable for that.
Matchday commander, David Duckinfield.

Sadly this will go on for many many more years yet.

Hopefully this will bring some sort of closure for the families. 27 years is a long time to be left waiting for the truth to come out.
Hopefully it will but I doubt it. If the verdict goes as expected there are likely to be criminal proceedings which could drag it on for several more years.

The difficulty would be in proving something was criminal.

Various officers made errors, clearly. The jump to a criminal action is huge though.

The police have received most of the stick, and deserve most of it, but I've always believed the main culprits were the FA. The stadium just wasn't fit for purpose. There had been plenty of evidence at previous semi finals that the Leppings Lane end was regularly over crowded. A mate of mine went to the United v Derby match in the 70's and described it as the most terrifying day of his life. There was also the near disaster at the Spurs v wolves game. And yet they still kept using it.

The police have received most of the stick, and deserve most of it, but I've always believed the main culprits were the FA. The stadium just wasn't fit for purpose. There had been plenty of evidence at previous semi finals that the Leppings Lane end was regularly over crowded. A mate of mine went to the United v Derby match in the 70's and described it as the most terrifying day of his life. There was also the near disaster at the Spurs v wolves game. And yet they still kept using it.

Exactly true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.