Hillsborough verdicts reached

I shouldn't have to tell anyone this......but this topic is very sensitive and emotional,please think about your comments and keep any opinions respectful,thank you.

When's the heysel inquest?
Daft question. It was established 30 years ago that the Juventus fans were unlawfully killed.
14 Liverpool fans were convicted of manslaughter as well as others who were deemed partially responsible (police, stadium operators etc.).
If there hadn't been an establishment cover up Hillsborough would have been dealt with years ago.

Will someone be brought to trial now?
Very unusual verdict. Only 15 unlawfully killed coroners verdicts since 1990 have been given against 'state agencies'. 13 were against the police, 1 against the prison service and 1 the immigration service. Of those 15, ten resulted in a prosecution. Of those 10, nobody was found guilty.
So, brought to trial? Possibly. Anyone found guilty? Probably not.

This has fuck all to do with Heysel, Liverpool FC or even the city of Liverpool! It's about justice for the families of 96 people who went to a football match and never came home. I have great respect for the dignity shown by the likes of Trevor Hicks, et al. Please don't start sounding like those idiots over the road. We have all been to games and some of us went to games in the 90's so should be able to relate to what happened that day. Whilst I don't feel this a reason for any of those to celebrate but to finally receive the truth of what happened to their loved ones I honestly hope it gives them some comfort and closure. Stay classy guys, please.

Thatchers war on football fans (and to some extent liverpool) was the root cause why the innocent ones who died and their relative were treated with such contempt - that treating us fans like shite by the state is still going on.

The day itself was a catalogue of errors, poor planning, self interest and bad management by everyone involved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.