Hillsborough verdicts reached

They went to watch a football match and never came home, and for those of us who remember how normal football fans were treated by the establishment at matches in the 80's - we should remember their sacrifice and their families sad losses.
It's not a point scoring exercise, we should stand together in solidarity

Thatchers war on football fans (and to some extent liverpool) was the root cause why the innocent ones who died and their relative were treated with such contempt - that treating us fans like shite by the state is still going on.

The day itself was a catalogue of errors, poor planning, self interest and bad management by everyone involved

Yep, I'm amazed anyone is still going against Liverpool fans on this. It could have been any of us, any of our parents back then. And we are STILL treated like shit by the authorities.

They went to watch a football match and never came home, and for those of us who remember how normal football fans were treated by the establishment at matches in the 80's - we should remember their sacrifice and their families sad losses.
I would hope that even those with issues with Liverpool will put those feelings aside for Hillsborough.

I am very pleased for the families of all of those affected by this. Persistence has paid off and justice has been done for them. I had friends at Hillsborough and a young lad from our estate died so it is something I have taken an interest in. I think Andy Burnham deserves credit for his role in this and the spokespeople for the Group for their dedication to the cause.

City fans showed their support once before and whether that was appreciated or not, it was the right thing to do. Some of the comments on this forum around this subject have been distasteful to say the least and it seems some continue with this even now.

I don't think there is any more to say on it now. It has been brought to a close which allows the families of the deceased to finally move on with their lives.

I am very pleased for the families of all of those affected by this. Persistence has paid off and justice has been done for them. I had friends at Hillsborough and a young lad from our estate died so it is something I have taken an interest in. I think Andy Burnham deserves credit for his role in this and the spokespeople for the Group for their dedication to the cause.

City fans showed their support once before and whether that was appreciated or not, it was the right thing to do. Some of the comments on this forum around this subject have been distasteful to say the least and it seems some continue with this even now.

I don't think there is any more to say on it now. It has been brought to a close which allows the families of the deceased to finally move on with their lives.

I agree with much of that but apart from the last sentence - this will go on for many more years.

QUESTION 4: Policing of the match and the crush on the terrace
Posted at
11:11
Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace? Yes or no.

Yes - Commanding officers should have ordered closing of central tunnel.

Feck Me - all that money to state the obvious. I have been banging on about this for years.. I turned up the year before I think, it was to watch us there,, Was a bit late. Ran in, first thing you see it the tunnel. Ran down it and couldnt get on terrace. Had to go back and round side. .

Well done to the families didnt let the state cover this up.

Very, very true

"96 fans were unlawfully killed and NO supporters misbehavior contributed to the danger". Not sure about that bit
Why do you say that?
Most people who went to matches regularly before the end of the 1980s have experienced poor policing, dilapidated deathtrap stadiums and piss poor crowd control that could have led to disasters irrespective of fan behaviour.
The only difference with Hillsborough was that there was a cover up right up to the top.

Why do you say that?
Most people who went to matches regularly before the end of the 1980s have experienced poor policing, dilapidated deathtrap stadiums and piss poor crowd control that could have led to disasters irrespective of fan behaviour.
The only difference with Hillsborough was that there was a cover up right up to the top.

Exactly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.