Hinchcliffe

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Four and a half years after the takeover it is noteworthy that we have next to no former players on TV who have any genuine feeling for the club.

Today, Jamie Carragher, a man who is at times unintelligible, has today announced his aspirations to forge a career in media. He follows in a long line of other ex-LFC pundits: Barnes; Lawrenson; Hansen; Thompson; Mcmannaman all of whom are prepared to stretch the bounds of reason, and at times sanity, in order to paint the picture which best suits their former club.

This arrangement isn't just restricted to Liverpool: united have Owen, Schemichel, Yorke and Dublin.; Arsenal have Nicholas, Keown and Merson.

Who is there to speak on our behalf? Mills, Fowler, Quinn and the aforementioned McMannaman and Schmeichel. All of them, with the partial exception of Quinn, spent their best years at other clubs, only came here for the money and have a barely disguised contempt for our club.

Andy Hinchliffe is free to say what he wants, but given how relatively underrepresented we are in the media, especially given our support over the last decade and the fact that we're still (barely) Champions, he demonstrated a greater loyalty to his own ambitions with Sky than to a club he claims to care about.

I'm sure in a few years we'll have a few more people championing our cause, but in the meantime we have to merely hope that as many of those that are currently called upon to talk 'on behalf of our club' to do so in a manner that reflects the fact that they at least care about City enough to think about the consequences of what they are saying.

Unlike Andy Hincliffe.
Well put,was thinking recently with vinnie's injury sky could have had him on when we played liverpool,maybe im biased but looking past even utd,liverpool other teams seem to be better represented by ex-players managers more than us as well....

dtc78 said:
Four and a half years after the takeover it is noteworthy that we have next to no former players on TV who have any genuine feeling for the club.

Today, Jamie Carragher, a man who is at times unintelligible, has today announced his aspirations to forge a career in media. He follows in a long line of other ex-LFC pundits: Barnes; Lawrenson; Hansen; Thompson; Mcmannaman all of whom are prepared to stretch the bounds of reason, and at times sanity, in order to paint the picture which best suits their former club.

This arrangement isn't just restricted to Liverpool: united have Owen, Schemichel, Yorke and Dublin.; Arsenal have Nicholas, Keown and Merson.

Who is there to speak on our behalf? Mills, Fowler, Quinn and the aforementioned McMannaman and Schmeichel. All of them, with the partial exception of Quinn, spent their best years at other clubs, only came here for the money and have a barely disguised
contempt for our club.

Andy Hinchliffe is free to say what he wants, but given how relatively underrepresented we are in the media, especially given our support over the last decade and the fact that we're still (barely) Champions, he demonstrated a greater loyalty to his own ambitions with Sky than to a club he claims to care about.

I'm sure in a few years we'll have a few more people championing our cause, but in the meantime we have to merely hope that as many of those that are currently called upon to talk 'on behalf of our club' to do so in a manner that reflects the fact that they at least care about City enough to think about the consequences of what they are saying.

Unlike Andy Hincliffe.
Too many drama queens on here. Hinchcliffe called it right, end of.

I think you are entirely missing the point of my post. Also you'll get your point across much better if you don't type in the middle of what I've just posted.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm --<br /><br />
deano ou812 said:

Who is there to speak on our behalf? Mills, Fowler, Quinn and the aforementioned McMannaman and Schmeichel. All of them, with the partial exception of Quinn, spent their best years at other clubs, only came here for the money and have a barely disguised contempt for our club.

Unlike Andy Hincliffe.
Well put,was thinking recently with vinnie's injury sky could have had him on when we played liverpool,maybe im biased but looking past even utd,liverpool other teams seem to be better represented by ex-players managers more than us as well....
I'm struggling to think of a single pundit who appears regularly on TV whose best years were spent at this club.
Even Hinchcliffe's best years were at Everton and Quinn's at Sunderland.

Unlike Andy Hincliffe.
He did have a point tbh gdm,but i can understand it may have come across poorly
I dont know if he would put sky before us though tbh mate
You are spot on though regarding us with representation in the media,theres nothing.

It's really only United, Arsenal and Liverpool who have a decent smattering of ex players that represent them in the media anyway.

Apart from City who sticks up for Spurs, Villa, Everton, Chelsea...? As four other examples?

Give it say 15 to 20 years and I can see the likes of Zabs and Kompany representing us in the media and fighting our corner, although it's not something that bothers me.

Gotta love Buzzers passion for our club though. I think Sky are too scared to ever have him back.

The cookie monster said:

Unlike Andy Hincliffe.
He did have a point tbh gdm,but i can understand it may have come across poorly
I dont know if he would put sky before us though tbh mate
You are spot on though regarding us with representation in the media,theres nothing.
He may very well be right and as I said he's perfectly entitled to express a view, especially if it is one he sincerely holds.

All I would say is that all the Ancien Regime clubs have people in the media who are prepared to think about the consequences for the club of things that they utter in the media. Apart from Buzzer, Gary Owen and Peter Barnes (all very infrequently called upon and relatively low profile) we have no such people, which for a club of our current stature is truly shocking.

deano ou812 said:

Unlike Andy Hincliffe.

Peter Barnes. Gary Owen, Peter Reid
Ex Managers Peter Reid and Joe Royal

Denis Tuart, Franny Lee, Mike Summebee (when they let him back on)
Joe Corrigan

In the future? SWP, Shay....

I have no interest in listening to ex pros not saying what they think in the interests of somehow towing the party line. I want to hear genuine opinions both positive and negative. It's a fucking football club not the old soviet union.

Lancet Fluke said:
I have no interest in listening to ex pros not saying what they think in the interests of somehow towing the party line. I want to hear genuine opinions both positive and negative. It's a fucking football club not the old soviet union.

Would rather hear facts, than someone who is paid to have an opinion

grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Not sure what you're doing on here then?!

Blumers Bloomers said:
grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Not sure what you're doing on here then?!

Unpaid opinions are generally amusing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.