Hinchcliffe

Lancet Fluke said:
I have no interest in listening to ex pros not saying what they think in the interests of somehow towing the party line. I want to hear genuine opinions both positive and negative. It's a fucking football club not the old soviet union.

If you feel that what is said and written about this football club is of no consequence to its ability to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and united moving forward, then you are living in a bygone age.

Lancet Fluke said:
I have no interest in listening to ex pros not saying what they think in the interests of somehow towing the party line. I want to hear genuine opinions both positive and negative. It's a fucking football club not the old soviet union.

No Comrade, No. Don't be heard saying such things. You will have your Seasoncard transferred to the Salt Mines 2nd 11.

May I remind everyone of the very icon that our clubs currently pedals as it's catchphrase.

# Together

In short, Unity is everything. With me or Against me, their are no shades of grey!

Lancet Fluke said:
Exactly. I don't want some biased mouthpiece with an agenda giving inane positives like Comical Ali. I found summerbee embarrassing that derby when he talked like a one-eyed fan. I want a considered opinion without some
Contrived sugar coating. It sounds like andy hinchcliffe has done that.

People get all hot under the collar about perceived bias towards other clubs amongst pundits, too.

grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Would rather hear facts, than someone who is paid to have an opinion

and if you have to hear the opinions of someone who has played the game at the highest level, would you rather hear what they think or what they are told to say by the club. I can't believe people are holding up brown nosing cunts like Mickey Thomas and Lou macari who do what they are told by the bullying **** ferguson as an example of how we want our ex players to be. If I want to know what the club think I will go on the website. I'm expecting hinchcliffes opinion and the like to be the next excuse used for our underachievement.

Lancet Fluke said:
grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Would rather hear facts, than someone who is paid to have an opinion

and if you have to hear the opinions of someone who has played the game at the highest level, would you rather hear what they think or what they are told to say by the club. I can't believe people are holding up brown nosing ***** like Mickey Thomas and Lou macari who do what they are told by the bullying **** ferguson as an example of how we want our ex players to be. If I want to know what the club think I will go on the website. I'm expecting hinchcliffes opinion and the like to be the next excuse used for our underachievement.

No Hinchcliffe is paid by Sky. Sky biggest subscribers are made up of global rags and dippers, now you may not agree but there might be a slightly biased slant on reporting of what is fact and what is opinion. Has Hinchcliffe got any connection with anybody at City I don't know. But you only had to watch Sky Sports News since Sat evening that they were going overboard with a 12 point gap.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Lancet Fluke said:

If you feel that what is said and written about this football club is of no consequence to its ability to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and united moving forward, then you are living in a bygone age.
I suspect there are about a million things that have greater impact on how the club performs than what Andy hinchcliffe says on ssn. I knew it wouldn't be long until people started using this absolute bollocks as an excuse. The bottom line is, if we weren't a shambles on Saturday, people wouldn't be on tv telling us just what a shambles it all was.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Exactly. I don't want some biased mouthpiece with an agenda giving inane positives like Comical Ali. I found summerbee embarrassing that derby when he talked like a one-eyed fan. I want a considered opinion without some
Contrived sugar coating. It sounds like andy hinchcliffe has done that.

People get all hot under the collar about perceived bias towards other clubs amongst pundits, too.
I agree about Summerbee after the Rooney shinner derby at old trafford, but my point still remains. For a wide variety of reasons we have no ex-players appearing regularly in the media whose best years were at City.

Reid, Royle, Quinn, Fowler, Mills, MacMannaman, Hinchcliffe all have fonder memories as players elsewhere. That has a big bearing on how a player is disposed towards a club when commenting on it.

Whether it is desirable to have these apparatchiks per se is a valid question, but the image of the club is vital if we are to be perceived as a leading force in the game in the years ahead and this is one area where we are conspicuously lagging behind the established clubs.

For better or worse the battle for supremacy for this football club will have to be fought on a wider arena that the football pitch. If we are undermined in the media then we will still be seen by some as 'little old City'; a national joke.

-- Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 pm --

Lancet Fluke said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I suspect there are about a million things that have greater impact on how the club performs than what Andy hinchcliffe says on ssn. I knew it wouldn't be long until people started using this absolute bollocks as an excuse. The bottom line is, if we weren't a shambles on Saturday, people wouldn't be on tv telling us just what a shambles it all was.
My point was about far more than Andy Hinchcliffe, which you have conspicuously missed (or chosen to ignore).

We don't have much media representation as to be honest a lot of our now retired players were not household names, journeymen and or had fonder and longer associations with other clubs and were only at City for a final pay day.

Also, because frankly for nigh on 30 years we were remarkably shite and didn't really have any money to look after players correctly off the pitch.

Think of a player in recent past who is a household name and was with us a while only Richard Dunne springs to mind, he might have been ideal for a pro pundit in the future but hey look how we treated him.

You only have to read Paul Lakes book to see even he lost the love for city for a while.

It will happen in the future, but will take a while. But for now we have to live with the awkward truth.

Dicky is free now Oldham have turfed him.

Has some managerial experience, used to talking to the press and a proper blue. I can almost see him chinning Yorke in the SKY box at the swamp ;)

Wardie said:
We don't have much media representation as to be honest a lot of our now retired players were not household names, journeymen and or had fonder and longer associations with other clubs and were only at City for a final pay day.

Also, because frankly for nigh on 30 years we were remarkably shite and didn't really have any money to look after players correctly off the pitch.

Think of a player in recent past who is a household name and was with us a while only Richard Dunne springs to mind, he might have been ideal for a pro pundit in the future but hey look how we treated him.

You only have to read Paul Lakes book to see even he lost the love for city for a while.

It will happen in the future, but will take a while. But for now we have to live with the awkward truth.
Well said, and you managed not to mention Andy Hinchcliffe once (although that fact will be entirely lost on some people).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.