Oh man, if this is your gateway drug to seriously get into Kendrick, I'm jealous. From the sounds of things your favourite eras and generations of hip hop are from a bit before Kendrick came along - probably the stuff Kendrick himself grew up with - but as far as this generation goes he's clear of basically everyone except Danny Brown.

This was one of the first songs of his I ever listened to and I was hooked basically from day one.

I like Kendrick. I’m a 90’s guy, so I grew up in the golden era when guys like Kendrick were a dime a dozen. For this era, he’s one of the best. I wouldn’t put him up there with the Kool G rap, Rakim, Krs echelon, but he is good

I grew up with Eric. Loved this guy like a big brother. He left us too soon. I was in the studio when Warren G, Pac and Breed made gotta get mine. God I miss these days
I still bang 'Gotta get mine' ...awesome.

I remember turning on the tap back around 1994/5 n the water being grew-beige, Brownsville BK.
Would hate to think what folk went through in Flint !

Far too many gone to Rest in Beats at such young ages.

Was you on the sound engineering side of thangs or just straight regular homies?

Last edited:
I still bang 'Gotta get mine' ...awesome.

I remember turning on the tap back around 1994/5 n the water being grew-beige, Brownsville BK.
Would hate to think what folk went through in Flint !

Far too many gone to Rest in Beats at such young ages.

Was you on the sound engineering side of thangs or just straight regular homies?
Breed was 6 yrs older than me, but my older brother was good friends with him so of course I got to know him and he acted as a protector for a lot of the neighborhood kids. Flint was a much better place back then. We didn’t have much, but we had a good community.
I was just hanging out in the one studio we had in Flint when he recorded this whole album. Warren G,cool as funk, Pac, ate chicken wings the whole session, cool as funk too.

Were you around for Things In The Hood? Loved that track.
Oh yeah!! The dfc, Nate Dogg. I was lucky to know Breed from 87-94. He used to travel between Flint, Atlanta and Oakland, so when he would record in Flint, it would be like a family affair. He flew us down to ATL a couple times and flew us to Oakland. Got to meet e-40, too short, Ant Banks, cold 187um from above the law. I really miss those days

Breed was 6 yrs older than me, but my older brother was good friends with him so of course I got to know him and he acted as a protector for a lot of the neighborhood kids. Flint was a much better place back then. We didn’t have much, but we had a good community.
I was just hanging out in the one studio we had in Flint when he recorded this whole album. Warren G,cool as funk, Pac, ate chicken wings the whole session, cool as funk too.
I will say that this is the last place I’d ever think I’d get to discuss this too!! But I’m glad we are all city fans too!!! Love your hip hop selection too maintainin!

I will say that this is the last place I’d ever think I’d get to discuss this too!! But I’m glad we are all city fans too!!! Love your hip hop selection too maintainin!
Perfect place for it, when its not on a mad one there is much more order than chaos n so many dots connected when navigated successfully, so many folk on here from so many backgrounds that are well travelled n carry a wealth of knowledge on tap.

City at the helm keeping us all on point :-)

Long may all the combined selections continue n bring joyous memories when reminiscing.

Ain't nuthin' like tha old skool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.