Live.Love.A$AP - A$AP Rocky
Twelve Reasons to Die - Ghostface Killah
1991 - Azealia Banks
Fantasea - Azealia Banks
Habits & Contradictions - Schoolboy Q
Cancer for Cure - El-P
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
Skelethon - Aesop Rock

This is a pretty sweet list. Add some Danny Brown and it's sorted. Cancer for Cure is one of the albums of last year for any genre.

Bigga said:
shevtheblue said:
Bigga, any recommendations for good hip hop at the moment? I go through periods of trying to give new hip hop a chance, then crying in anger and deleting everything cos its shit.

Feel the same, pal.

It has lost its edge and soul, somehow trying change the game. There's nothing wrong with new styles and format, but these days, nobody has anything interesting to say and almost everyone sounds like they're copying each other.

I'm bored of today's 'Hip Hop'.

I'll just keep 'Diggin' in the Crates' til something catches my ear again.
Talking about diggin in the crates, D.I.T.C always made decent albums.

Think chance the rapper is pretty alright for new/different .

I was listening to a radio show yesterday that played a few songs off krizz kalico's new record.. He's friends w tech n9ne and really I'm not a huge fan of tech but this stuff actually sounded good to me.

Anything harry fraud has produced the last few years is great.

Freddie Gibbs is doing a whole LP with madlib think it's supposed to be out soon, his whole catalogue is awesome though

Show and AG had a record come out like last year that wasn't terrible.

Any BLU record isn't bad.

The new ASAP ferg lp is impressing upon first listen

Premier and bumpy knuckles did a whole album together sometime in the past couple of years "the collexxxion" or something . Pretty alright.

The new Asher Roth mixtape isn't terrible either . I know his Actual LP was pretty shitty but the greenhouse effect tapes, seared foie gras..., pabst and jazz , and the tape with nottz are all quality.

I actually love all/new hip hop too , though I understand why people wouldn't , just hard to suggest things to people who like "real"/good hip hop when I'm fine with migos, fbg , and anything Gucci related.

NQCitizen said:
MCFC BOB said:
For the both of you:

Section.80 - Kendrick Lamar
good kid, M.A.A.D. city - Kendrick Lamar
R.A.P. Music - Killer Mike
History Will Absolve Me - Billy Woods
The Money Store - Death Grips
1991 - Azealia Banks
Fantasea - Azealia Banks
Cancer for Cure - El-P
Skelethon - Aesop Rock

This is a pretty sweet list. Add some Danny Brown and it's sorted. Cancer for Cure is one of the albums of last year for any genre.
Danny Brown's class, can't believe I left him out.

EDIT: Chance the Rapper is pretty good as well, I just find most of his hooks to be really annoying.

MCFC BOB said:
NQCitizen said:
MCFC BOB said:
For the both of you:

Section.80 - Kendrick Lamar
good kid, M.A.A.D. city - Kendrick Lamar
R.A.P. Music - Killer Mike
History Will Absolve Me - Billy Woods
The Money Store - Death Grips
1991 - Azealia Banks
Fantasea - Azealia Banks
Cancer for Cure - El-P
Skelethon - Aesop Rock

Danny Brown's class, can't believe I left him out.

EDIT: Chance the Rapper is pretty good as well, I just find most of his hooks to be really annoying.

Brown absolutely killed it at Parklife. Treated to about 15 minutes of him being joined by Action Bronson too. Looking forward to ASAP Rocky at Leeds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.