Historically A Very Good Year

Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

On course to finish in the top 2 which given that we've only won the league 3 times makes this our joint 4th best season ever. Squad full of brilliant players. A manager who wins a trophy virtually every year no matter where he is. Brand spanking new ground sold out every week. Hundreds of millions being invested in new academy and various other infrastructure and community projects. Owners with gazillions in the bank poised to splash some close season cash on another superstar.

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY

Forums are populated largely by teenagers with no real perspective on life and the terminally bored vocal minority kneejerk reaction brigade so any disappointment felt by normal fans as they reflected on a poor display at Soton is exaggerated to the nth degree by forum nutters.

GET OVER YOURSELVES

COMMON SENSE ON HERE!!! GO AWAY YOU DON'T FIT IN !!!!!

Pigeonho said:
Presumably you are one of those teenagers then?

And people have a right to be unhappy if the title is being not just given back to United, but polished, securely packaged and hand-delivered there, and performances like that on Saturday point that that is the case.

We're in a position where we shouldn't be accepting second place unless there's literally nothing we can do about it. We're not little old City anymore, and this group of players should at least still be within touching distance of United.

Amen..
We shouldn't be giving up OUR trophy without a better fight.

Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

On course to finish in the top 2 which given that we've only won the league 3 times makes this our joint 4th best season ever. Squad full of brilliant players. A manager who wins a trophy virtually every year no matter where he is. Brand spanking new ground sold out every week. Hundreds of millions being invested in new academy and various other infrastructure and community projects. Owners with gazillions in the bank poised to splash some close season cash on another superstar.

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY

Forums are populated largely by teenagers with no real perspective on life and the terminally bored vocal minority kneejerk reaction brigade so any disappointment felt by normal fans as they reflected on a poor display at Soton is exaggerated to the nth degree by forum nutters.

GET OVER YOURSELVES

Well said that man! I can't believe the negativity on here sometimes. I know i am new around these parts but supported City since the late 90's when we were shocking most of the time! I remember being so happy when we signed Darren Huckerby, these days we have Aguero, Silva, Yaya, the list goes on. We are looking at a quarter final in the FA Cup, another season in the Chapions league, 2nd in the premiership. This is the start of something amazing!! I for one am soooooo happy to be a city fan right now!

Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY

GET OVER YOURSELVES
I'm always in the YOU DONT WIN SILVER YOU LOSE GOLD camp myself

Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY

GET OVER YOURSELVES

They expect too much too quick due to the last 5 mins of last season, us who are old enough to have followed City for a lifetime are proud of how far we've come, regardless of the title & CL performances.

Still a lot to play for yet..........

Glad to see some people are happy to put up with mediocrity in relation to money spent.

Remaining fixtures .....how many points ?

Man City v Chelsea Sun 24 Feb 13:30 1

Aston Villa v Man City Mon 4 Mar 20:00 1

Man City v Wigan Sat 9 Mar 15:00 3

Everton v Man City Sat 16 Mar 12:45 0

Man City v Newcastle Sat 30 Mar 15:00 3

Man Utd v Man City Mon 8 Apr 20:00 0

Man City v West Brom Sat 13 Apr 15:00 3

Tottenham v Man City Sat 20 Apr 15:00 0

Man City v West Ham Sat 27 Apr 15:00 3

Swansea v Man City Sat 4 May 15:00 0

Reading v Man City Sun 12 May 15:00 3

Man City v Norwich Sun 19 May 16:00 3

I predict 20 points .....

nellyonthewing said:
This should have been a season where we built on the foundation put down in 2010/11 & 2011/12 .It was an opportunity to emerge from decades in the shadows of our neighbours .
Instead we have behaved like some chav lottery winner who got pissed for a year,blew all his dough on some very expensive but crap cars and then crept back to live with his parents.
NO NO NO we should not be happy.
I've watched City since Ken Barnes days & this season was vital. We had our foot on United's neck and we just took it off stupidly thinking the beast was dead.
Tonight's match re-inforces the belief that United & Real are the aristocracy of football whereas we are just a usurper. it will take years of sustained success to re-balance the myth that we are merely pretenders to United so why,why FFS did we take a frigging gap year.
Now that just about sums it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.